Reviewshake is building the home for all online reviews - be it local business reviews, products, mobile apps, music, movie, podcasts and more.
Our main platform is a SaaS product that provides a management layer for businesses to manage reviews on 70+ review sites, including Facebook, Google, Yelp and Trustpilot. As a technology company, we also commercialize the tech that powers our company through several APIs in our Supervisor product.
We're an established business with hundreds of paying customers and a team of 8, and are searching for a full-time CTO that can help us get the company to the next stage. Being bootstrapped (not venture-backed) and fully remote, we don’t strive for growth at all costs, and are building a company that we can be proud of, and enjoy working for.
In a typical day, you will:
- Architect, build and scale new features
- Be responsible for overall code quality, reviews and unit tests
- Coach, mentor and support our small team of engineers
- Make sure we’re meeting our product roadmap
- Maintain technical documentation
Our ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of experience building web applications
- Managed a team of developers and led a project to production
- Expert-level proficiency in Ruby on Rails and Python
- 3+ years hands-on DevOps experience (Ubuntu, AWS, GCE)
- 3+ years with SQL (MySQL / PostgreSQL)
- Expertise with Git and CI / CD workflows
Nice to have:
- Experience with machine learning (text classification, NLP)
- Data science (data analysis, visualization)
- Web scraping (residential proxies, captchas, high throughput)
- An eye for building beautiful and intuitive apps
Our team is fully-remote and we communicate primarily through Slack, Asana, Google Docs and a few short, weekly meetings via Hangout — we believe the best work happens when given lots of uninterrupted time that’s free of distractions.
- 5 - 15% options
- $60 - 120k salary