Accounting Support III - Collections (Lake Forest, CA - Flexibility of Remote Home-Based)
Toshiba America Business Solutions, a leader in digital technology, is seeking an Accounting Support III – working in the San Antonio, TX or Lake Forest, CA location with the flexibility of remote home-based.
Our people bring innovative, real-world solutions for our client's print management needs; we help cut costs, secure documents and reduce the environmental footprint. We are a growing, dynamic organization that has a need for someone to contribute their professional best.Summary:
This position will review clients’ accounts and interview them to establish their financial resources and establish their ability to pay debts. In addition, will ask clients questions to better understand payment objections and document by noting the clients’ accounts.Responsibilities:
- Primarily the responsibility will be business-to-business collections.
- Perform daily review of accounts to ensure billing accuracy, encourage alternative payment options and comply with policy and procedures.
- Perform a variety of moderately complex accounting duties in the preparation, processing and maintenance of financial transactions and associated accounting functions.
- Prepare and maintain necessary accounting records to document processed transactions related to areas of assigned work.
- Prepare documentation and routine and/or special technical reports, including, but not limited to, various regional, state and federal reports related to areas of assignment.
- May provide process and procedure information related to area of assignment on computer application conversions and/or upgrades; make minor adjustments to existing data tables.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, vendors, customers/clients’ regarding areas of responsibility and initiate appropriate action relative to problem resolution.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting support experience (collections, accounts receivable, or account reconciliation).
- Ability to understand and perform journal/ledger entries and reconcile balance sheet accounts a plus.
- Customer-oriented to deal with both internal employees and external vendors. Ability to multi-task and interact with all levels of management in a professional manner.
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
- Organization skills with great attention to detail.
- Proficient with Excel and Microsoft Office Products.
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan
- Pet Insurance
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation.Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request an accommodation.