Job Title Automation Applications Engineer – Remote, Hybrid, or On-Site
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About our team:
The Raymond Application Engineering team is a close group of dedicated innovators. We strongly believe in interdepartmental teamwork to continuously improve our methods and products in order to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
About the position:
We’re looking for an Automation Applications Engineer to act as a consultant to Raymond customers, and Sales and Service Centers. This opening can be remote, hybrid, or on-site. You will:
- Determine requirements, complete product selection, provide customer operational recommendations, support proposal generation for potential customers, and implement a variety of automation solutions.
- Define best practices, develop unique solutions, and enable customers to perform application-specific tasks.
- Complete day-to-day interaction with internal and external customers including sales management, sales, engineering, and product development.
- Display ownership for all facets of the role including technical issues, customer issues, and documentation.
- Identify and quantify proposed customer benefits and create, utilize, and maintain tools to quantify these benefits.
- Travel to customer sites as needed to study and gather information critical to the overall system implementation. Travel is expected to be 50%+.
- Install, implement, and integrate support of iWAREHOUSE products and solutions. This is from demo, through pilot, and through all phases of deployment.
- Develop AutoCAD application drawings.
- Assist sales team with pre-sales customer support and presentations.
- Work with partners to develop complete solutions.
- Define and document best practices for these activities. Work continuously to improve them.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and applications.
- Train other employees, partners, and advocates.
About remote work:
Fully remote candidates will be considered based on experience and skill set. Fully remote candidates may be required to travel to Greene, NY for onboarding and/or periodically throughout the year based on business need. To be considered for a fully remote position you MUST reside in one of the following states: Arizona, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington or Wisconsin.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering field such as software, electrical, industrial, computer, computer science, and computer information systems.
- 1+ year of applications engineering experience.
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time.
- Works effectively as an individual as well as in a group setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to present technical material to a technically diverse audience.
It would be great if you had:
- Networking background with 2+ years of experience working with customer IT departments that orchestrate successful system integrations.
- Material handling experience in distribution and manufacturing.
- Standard of work creation and process development experience.
- Automated systems experience with concentration in AGV’s and AMR’s.
About the total compensation package:
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program
Location: Harpursville, NY, United States