At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will contribute to the team's work in assessing, designing, and developing all aspects of a release lifecycle, including: development and test activities, documenting and coordinating release preparation and acceptance of new hardware and software, and collaborating across development expertise domains.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Information Security Technology - Dev Ops Engineering - Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to process improvements and opportunities for automation.
- Plan and execute defined DevOps and related engineering project tasks.
- Contribute to timely resolution of all routine and foundational DevOps problems and escalates complex issues.
- Gather and process inputs from DevOps, engineering, and IT subject matter experts across the release lifecycle.
- Support senior DevOps leadership by tracking and reporting on engineering projects and initiatives to ensure alignment between IT operations and the business.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Experience monitoring and managing operation systems (OS), and staying current on patches, upgrades, and other elements of the OS
- The group of skills related to Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objectives
- Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
- Skilled in creating and managing databases with the use of relevant software such as MySQL, Hadoop, or MongoDB
- The group of skills related to Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Expertise in service management concepts for networks and related standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC
- The group of skills related to Security including designing and evaluating security systems, identifying security threats, securing computers, assessing vulnerability, etc.
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process
- Experience defining and managing changes to documents, code, computer programs, websites, and other files to enable collaboration and ensure teams are working from the latest version
- Experience in using and maintaining password management software such as Duo, IAG NuID, and/or Ping Identity
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Skilled in Python object-oriented programming
- Skilled in Chef for configuration management
- Skilled in ServiceNow to manage digital workflows
- Skilled in Kubernetes to automate application deployment, scaling, and management
- Skilled in using SonarQube
- Skilled in SQL
- Experience using Git
- Skilled in using Apache Maven for project management
- Experience using JIRA
- Skilled in Docker
- Skilled in Java
- Skilled in Puppet
- Skilled in Jenkins
- Skilled in IBM Rational ClearCase
- Skilled in Flyway database-migration tool
- Skilled in Apache Ant
JOB REFID: REF9793F
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.