Located in Greenwood Village, CO
Job Description: Manager IT Network Engineering Why Choose GMR?
Global Medical Response (GMR) and its family of solutions are dedicated to delivering compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services. Here you'll embark in meaningful work that will make an impact on you and the customers we service. View our employees's stories on how we provide care to the world at www.AtaMomentsNotice.com.
Under the guidance of the Director of Information Technology Network Engineering, will assist in the daily management of IT network engineering and operations, and manage a dispersed team of administrators and engineers. Responsible for all network and network security engineering and operations activities, including the enterprise network and operations support. Responsible for meeting budget goals and objectives. Provides input to policy level direction regarding standards and budget constraints. Makes decisions on personnel actions (hiring, terminations, promotions, etc.). Assigns personnel to projects and directs their activities. Reviews and evaluates work and prepares performance reports. Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods. Consults with personnel in other information systems sections to coordinate activities. Prepares activity reports regarding information system operations. Responsibilities:
- Aligns with the GMR IT Engineering Vision: Service Delivery (consistency, governance, stability and reliability), Technology Excellence, and Teamwork (partnership, communication, cooperation).
- This position functions as a hands-on technical manager for all IT systems administration and support activities including managing the Network Engineering Team on their daily system management and support activities.
- Manage relationship with all system, third party software, support and data center vendors.
- Define, implement, and monitor all networking systems and third-party software solutions to ensure all production and critical systems are recoverable with chance of data loss and meeting business reliability and performance SLAs.
- Performs special projects pertaining to implementation and support services of technology products at the direction of department management.
- Develops, updates, and maintains systems and support documentation at the direction of management.
- Responsible for keeping all systems and warranties up to date and active.
- Responsible to protect customer and company data located in the data centers, per department policy. This includes security from unauthorized access and protection from unauthorized deletion.
- Responsible for system availability and ensuring department policy is followed for maintenance windows and service disruptions.
- Works with business units to ensure appropriate service levels are maintained.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information system security is everyone's responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Reporting Information Systems security problems.
- Responsible for mentoring, conducting performance evaluations, counseling and providing disciplinary actions to assigned personnel with a goal of developing a team-oriented approach with positive results. Comply with all employment laws and support affirmative action/equal opportunity goals.
- Manage Network Engineering staff schedules and project work assignments. Ensure project work is completed on schedule and with high quality.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Expert knowledge and experience in the deployment and maintenance of enterprise switched networks, including (VTP, STP, HSRP, trunking, VLANs, port security and monitoring) in a multi-vendor environment.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the deployment and maintenance of enterprise MPLS BGP environments. Expertise in multi-circuit environments and high network availability.
- Experience with load balancing technology, such as Citrix Netscalers.
- In-depth knowledge of Quality-of-Service technologies with demonstrated implementation in a large enterprise organization.
- Experience with SolarWinds and other network management and monitoring solutions.
- Experience with developing network/security policies, procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and policies within the information services field required.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience Managing teams, vendors, and SLAs
- Proven track record leading network implementations, operations, and engineering
- Experience with Private cloud setup, opensource technologies and IT automation
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- High organization and planning skills
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent and 5+ years of experience in an infrastructure engineering related field OR MBA and 3+ years of experience in an infrastructure engineering related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience Managing Networks & Operations at the Director level.
- 5 + Years of deep experience with Network Engineering.
- 3+ Years of experience managing exempt level employees.
- Extensive technical knowledge of Cisco networking and network security technologies and protocols.
- Technical knowledge of SDWAN (Viptella preferred).
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Cisco Certified engineer, (CCIE and CCNP desired).
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, Juniper, Fortinet.
- ITIL certification desired, ITIL/ITSM experience required.
Excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills. To learn more about GMR and how our values are at the core of our services and vital to how we approach care, visit www.GlobalMedicalResponse.com .
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.
More Information about this Job:
The company offers benefit eligible employees medical, dental, and vision coverages as well as Paid Time Off, disability holidaus, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Target Salary is $120,000 - 130,000.
Location: Louisville, CO, United States