About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them
About The Role
As an IT Support Engineer II, you will use your technical knowledge and specialized skills to support, build, implement, and improve technology solutions. You are able to manager large projects with minimal guidance that affect multiple locations in a region. You are able to resolve customer issues in time of crisis to get them working again. You are actively expanding your scope of knowledge by learning about software design patterns, data structures, AWS technologies and distributed systems concepts.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
The pay for this position in Erlanger is about $69,500 with an all in compensation target of $78,000; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Troubleshoot difficult IT problems without SOPs
- Plan and coordinate CMs and CM templates.
- Collaborate with internal teams or vendors to execute projects.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Audit the quality of work performed and provide constructive feedback when necessary.
- Automate manual tasks; create/improve small tools that help make team operations more efficient.
- Be the first point of escalation.
- Participate in hiring, training and development of others.
- Ability to move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk for 10-12 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School or equivalent diploma
- 3+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service delivery
- 4+ years of hands on IT systems or relevant experience in a commercial production environment
- 4+ years of experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
- 4+ years of experience in each of the following: Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
- 4+ years of experience troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high availability environment
- 4+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory) experience
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification
- Experience in Linux, Microsoft, and network systems administration
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Category: Operations, IT, & Support Engineering