About the Team
It’s an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want to continue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT team has 4 different departments: Information Security, IT Service Delivery, Business Enabling Systems, and IT Commerce & Customer Engagement.
Whether it’s online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart’s success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are. About the Job
Lead Application Analyst (Business Analyst) – Supply Chain
How this role will make an impact:
This position leads, manages, and owns the entire lifecycle of a product line from strategic planning to tactical activities. In this position, you will identify, define, analyze, prioritize, test, and refine the technology platform requirements and work with cross functional IS and business teams to deliver the final product. The role will work directly with our various internal and external stakeholders - business partners, IS teams, and external vendors - to ensure successful translation of those requirements into solutions.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Support the creation of business requirements and functional design specifications. Identify gaps between business requirements and application capabilities and recommend options.
- Actively engage with a team of developers, architects, and analyst in delivering business requirements, technical requirements, and testing for the implemented functionalities. Work closely with the business throughout the project to ensure the solution meets business needs.
- Understand the business operations in detail; knowledgeable of current and possible future practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they relate to other areas.
- Ensure the appropriate IS teams are engaged in the solution so all affected systems are included. Influence the technical solution. Identify gaps between technical solution/application capabilities/business requests, and negotiate resolution.
- Lead vendor partners to ensure deliverables are high quality, on time, and meet the business needs. Ensure that proposed system changes are supported by application vendor. Evaluate, coordinate, and/or apply configurations, vendor packages, and software tool upgrades and patches.
- Engage the business and extract requirements that may or may not be stated directly. Resolve issues quickly and accept responsibility for the resolution.
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they interrelate to other areas.
- Support the creation and implementation of project planning, quality assurance strategy, approach, and detailed plan. Create and roll out test plans, cases, and scripts; establish and manage acceptance criteria, identify defects, and work to a resolution with the Developers and business teams.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree - Math, Science, Computer Science, or Business preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in analyzing, designing, configuring, and implementing complex applications and integrating vendor packages; played a significant role in leading or managing medium to large projects.
- Hands-on technical experience managing and administering retail applications specifically in the area of Supply Chain.
- Excellent analysis/troubleshooting skills; proven partnering/relationship forming skills
- Effective communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Superior ability to manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments
- Experience with business modeling and requirements management tools, as well as knowledge of project management and application implementation methodologies
- Transportation and/or Distribution systems experience; Manhattan Associates applications (DOM, WMS, TLM) preferred
- Experience working on projects involving the implementation of 3rd party software solutions
- Experience with managing vendors to deliver components of projects
- Flexibility and adaptability to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple quickly changing and competing priorities
- Understanding of APIs and modern technology architecture
- Familiarity with message formats JS/JSON/CSS/XML
NICE TO HAVES:
About the Culture
- Familiarity with Unix operating system
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart in the IT space from our team members: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/it