This position will be an integral part of the specialty clinical strategy and innovation team and will help support its various responsibilities. In providing clinical program support to payors to deliver cost-effective, evidence-based, quality care, this position will research and gather clinical program and drug information and develop and analyze clinical program reports, In addition, this role will support in collecting and finalizing prior authorization information for submission to physician key opinion leaders (KOLs), and support with external panel meetings. This role will also support in administrative duties related to scheduling clinical meetings, organizing documents on team shared sites, and creating lists for programs and meetings that support clinical program managers.
- Assists in researching and gathering basic drug information.
- Gathers program-related analytics from business partners or accessible tools.
- Helps input and update program and client changes into the tools, trackers, and other related publication documents that the team maintains.
- Reviews program outcomes to ensure consistency across clients.
- Plays a vital role in documenting clinical program outcomes in the form of client reports and creates and/or maintains checklists for the work the team performs with the assistance of the managers who own the function.
- Assist with answering internal and external client inquiries.
- Assists in some of the administrative duties related to clinical meetings.
- Participates in internal and external meetings to support and present relevant information as requested.
- Other duties as required.
- 10% travel required.
Other Job Requirements
5+ years pharmacy experience in Retail, Mail Order, Managed Care, Health Plan or Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM).
CPT: Certification/licensure in accordance with state requirements. In the states of Florida, Rhode Island and Michigan, license registration with the Board of Pharmacy is required without exception.
National Certification such as PTCB or ExCPT: Certification or the ability to obtain certification within one year of hire. Employees in states which require a Pharmacy Technician certification/registration exam may substitute state certification/registration for the national certification.
Knowledge of prescription drugs including specialty drugs, disease states and therapy classes, formulary management techniques, prescription plan benefit designs, current healthcare industry news and trends.
Strong analytical and project management skills.
Ability to multi-task and comfortable in an environment with changing priorities.
Ability to meet short turnaround times with minimal oversight.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to identify and solve problematic issues.
Team player who respects colleagues.
Ability to work with direction from pharmacists and also self-driven in regards to day to day duties and tasks assigned.
Willing and able to quickly learn various computer systems and software.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Product Suite (Access a plus).
General Job Information
Lead Clinical Pharmacy Technician, Specialty Clinical Programs - Remote
Work Experience - Required
PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management), Pharmacy
Work Experience - Preferred
Education - Required
GED, High School
Education - Preferred
License and Certifications - Required
CPT/ExCPT/LPT/PTCB/RPT, Pharmacy Technician, State Requirements - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Location: Middletown, RI, United States