Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Responsible for design, development and implementation of leadership career development programs that enhance leadership effectiveness through competency gap analysis, innovative use of technology, blended learning, process improvement, coaching and a systematic approach. This role will contribute to the creation of best-in-class career leadership development opportunities and programs that build succession bench and enhance leaders in entry- and mid-level positions. The role may also assist in identification, design, and implementation of development processes for higher-level positions.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree. Preference given to a degree in Business Administration, Education, Human Resources or Organizational Leadership.
- Master’s Degree in Leadership Development, OD, HR, Org. Psych. or equivalent preferred. Significant experience will be accepted in lieu of a graduate degree.
- Must have 6+ years of experience with responsibilities in full lifecycle design, development, implementation, and evaluation of leadership development programs at the entry, mid and senior levels of an organization.
- Must have 6+ years of experience in developing leaders in a blended learning approach following a 70/20/10 model and a blended learning approach using e-learning, classroom, virtual and hands-on application experiences.
- Must have 6+ years of adult education experience, preferably within a healthcare or service environment.
- Strong preference for experience in an official coaching capacity or proven track record of coaching, mentoring, and developing leaders at the entry and/or mid-levels.
- Prefer experience with Situational Leadership, 360 assessment/feedback, DISC, or other leadership development tools.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Preference given to candidates with certification in coaching, assessments and/or instructional design.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Strong influence and compelling presentation capacity.
- Strong sense of urgency for assessing and addressing gaps in team effectiveness and in leadership career effectiveness.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly flexible, self-directed, and adapts well to a rapidly changing environment.
- Pragmatic knowledge of leadership competency frameworks and a variety of proven practices, tools and techniques that help leaders to develop in their jobs, with unique experiences and well-designed programs.
- Functional understanding and practice of coaching methodology and the ability to provide timely coaching and feedback to help leaders and teams strengthen a specific knowledge or skill area.
- Ability to develop and manage programs and initiatives from concept to deployment and evaluation, using proven program management practices and processes.
- Needs assessment, design, development, deployment, and evaluations of Leadership Career Development initiatives and programs using a blended-learning approach.
- Has a functional understanding and practice of coaching and mentoring methodology and the ability to provide timely coaching and feedback to help leaders and teams strengthen a specific knowledge or skill area.
- Creates and implements career leadership development programs for those levels of leadership to enhance current-role effectiveness and build succession bench.
- Implements and manages measurement and evaluation models and processes, such as Kirkpatrick’s Evaluation Model. Conducts benchmarks for effectiveness comparisons and trends for reporting purposes.
- Builds relationships with leaders at all levels to identify improvement opportunities for leadership development programs and initiatives.
- Drive process improvement through use of a systematic approach; utilizes best practices, templates, and systems to ensure alignment and productivity.
- Uses technology with innovative purpose for creating training (e.g., e-learning, simulations, video) and tracking program completion and career paths (e.g., Talent Management System).
- Assists with partnerships and program implementation with community universities for graduate leadership development degrees that align with Parkland’s strategic and talent development goals.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.