This is a remote position. You must live in the Northern, IL area.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for all billing and revenue cycle management thorough insurance benefit investigation of new referrals, a small assignment of collections with a variety of payers, authorization requests, and claim submission.
- Accurately interprets patient insurance, prescription and other health-related documentation
- Conducts medical insurance verifications and investigations for commercial and government payors
- Communicates with insurance companies, patients, providers and prescribers to coordinate reimbursement and access solution
- Reviews unpaid accounts to determine status and taking appropriate action to ensure payment.
- Reviews all claims for compliance and completeness for claims submissions.
- Researches available alternative funding options to reduce patient's financial burden
- Handles high call volumes
- Communicates with internal and external departments to facilitate coordination of care
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Undergraduate degree is preferred
- Experience in Medical Billing, Accounts Receivables, and/or Collections within a healthcare or insurance environment is preferred
- Possess quick and accurate Alpha/numeric data entry skills
- Computer proficiency -- MS Office and Web-enabled applications strongly preferred
- Customer service skills required.
- Understanding of the requirements of Medicaid, Medicare and Insurance billing is preferred
To apply via text, text 1472 to (334) 518-4376
Job country: United States
Location: Naperville, IL, United States
Job posted 2022-08-01