Cboe is one of the world’s largest exchange holding companies, offering cutting-edge trading and investment solutions to investors around the world. Cboe’s culture is unique. Our associates come to work inspired, knowing they can be part of the next market-defining breakthrough, whether they are writing code for the next technology release, paving the way for a new product launch, or advocating for a market reform. We strive to efficiently use innovation to better serve customers and the broader marketplace.
The Sr Data Analytics role is responsible for implementing data analytics and visualizations in support of Cboe Global Markets’ Internal Audit Department with a goal of driving strategic benefits in the areas of audit quality, efficiency, and value by leveraging advanced technology and applying leading best practices. With technology and data supporting every facet of our company, this role will require close collaboration with members of the Cboe Internal Audit team to support not only data analytics projects, but the execution of operational, technical, regulatory, or advisory projects.
This team is looking for an innovative, self-starter who is eager to both learn new technologies as well as coach and teach others. We value creativity and encourage our team members to challenge the status quo of how audits and audit testing is performed.
- Supports the Department through a wide range of data services and initiatives that transform data into business information that helps the Internal Audit Department fulfill strategic objectives. This would include analyses and/or modeling techniques related to data extraction and cleansing, integrity and quality assessment, profiling and monitoring, conversion validation, and various statistical, etc.
- Drives insights using visualization tools and knowledge of data visualization best practices.
- Lead and support the execution of technical IT audit, advisory or data analytics projects, such as:
- Applying analytical strategies to perform risk-based planning and scoping.
- Assessing IT and process risks and controls/requirements.
- Designing test strategies, requesting access to data, and documenting business results and procedures performed.
- Creation, automation, and publishing of new and existing reports.
- Providing formal feedback to stakeholders focused on addressing root cause of identified issues.
- Develops and leads training for the Internal Audit department on various data analytics topics and tools (e.g. Business Objects, Data Visualization Best Practices, Excel, Python, R, SAS, and Tableau).
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics Data Analytics, or other technical related field.
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics or related fields.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy; proven able to work independently and learn new technology concepts quickly.
- Demonstrates strong SQL skills and an understanding of Python, R or any scripting language (VBA, PowerShell, etc).
- Demonstrates an understanding of relational databases and data integration tools.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments in a deadline-driven environment, and accept ownership of the process and results.
- Strong technical knowledge at the application, network, operating system and database layers (e.g., Windows, Linux or UNIX-like operating systems, SQL, Python).
- Ability to effectively communicate and present technical results and their business impact.
- Possessing or currently pursuing a technical IT-related certification such as CAP, Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst, AWS Big Data Specialty, or related certifications.
- Some travel to Kansas City, Chicago, New York or internationally to London, Amsterdam, or other Cboe global office locations depending on location of hire.
- Auditing application development, change management, IT operations and information security processes.
- IT governance and risk management frameworks and related guidelines (e.g., such as NIST or COBIT).
- Text analytics (e.g. Natural Language Processing (NLP), sentiment analysis, N-Gram analysis, document summarization, etc.); Robotic Process Automation (RPA); Understanding of the standard methodologies for code control (e.g. Azure Repos) Agile project management tools like JIRA.
Cool benefits at a glance:
- Free catered lunch and beverages if you choose work in-office (Chicago, New York or Lenexa, KS)
- Eligible for annual incentive bonus payouts after 6 months
- 401k match up to 8%
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Cboe Global Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English & Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)