Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Senior Firmware Engineer
As a Senior Firmware Engineer you will be part of a growing embedded systems product engineering organization headquartered in Carmel, Indiana. Primary products of responsibility include design and development of RFID credential readers, electronic locking systems, access control and security to support residential and commercial markets. The Senior Firmware Engineer is responsible for Firmware development of assigned modules within a larger system. Responsibilities include participation in firmware specification development, firmware architecture, design, code development, debugging, module integration, participation in code reviews, documentation, unit/integration/system testing, and other assigned engineering tasks. The individual will be responsible to deliver to objectives including meeting deadlines and schedule.
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop and debug new firmware for IoT connected devices, RFID credential and readers, electronic locks, products and systems
- Maintain and improve existing designs and source code to help attain the goal of a modular structure
- Work with a team to produce full documentation of design and unit test cases. Utilize tools such as functional block diagrams, flow diagrams, simulations, state-diagrams, and others as required in product development
- Work with a cross functional project team and at times with external suppliers
- Conduct Hardware & Firmware trade-offs to insure lowest overall cost, highest reliability and best performance in the intended application
- Perform design & code analysis utilizing appropriate tools
- Work with and support manufacturing & operations in Manufacturing test code development to support in-line functional testing
- Work with validation lab in supporting FW Engineering Validation Test code and Product validation code testing
What You Need to Succeed:
- At least 5 years of experience in embedded software/firmware development in C language
- Experience working with ARM Cortex M series
- Experience working with Real Time Operating Systems (FreeRTOS, MQX etc.)
- Experience developing firmware for devices that communicate wirelessly using RFID and contactless smart cards, 802.11 Wi-Fi, BLE, ZigBee, Z-Wave etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex wireless communication and HW-SW co-design issues using data captures (Wireshark, logic analyzer traces etc.), meters, scopes, etc.
- Experience working very closely with hardware engineers to debug hardware issues and implement hardware test functions
- Strong understanding of I2C, USB, UART and SPI interfaces
- Familiarity with schematics, basic electronic components and connections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate design ideas
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering, or similar degree
- 5 years embedded electronics product design experience in Firmware development
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You're seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, “this is your business, run with it”.
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do too!
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You’ll Get from Us:
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you “be safe, be healthy”
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, which currently offers a 6% company match and no vesting period
- Health Savings Accounts – Tax-advantaged savings account used for healthcare expenses
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Tax-advantaged spending accounts for healthcare and/or dependent daycare expenses
- Disability Insurance –Short-Term and Long-Term coverage, paid for by Allegion, provides income replacement for illness or injury
- Life Insurance – Term life coverage with the option to purchase supplemental coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Wellness Program – Simply complete wellness activities and earn up to $2,000 in rewards
- Employee Discounts through Perks at Work
- Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you can “serve others, not yourself”
- Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths through CliftonStrengths assessment & coaching
As a company that’s constantly seeking and discovering new frontiers, we’re looking for pioneers. Join us!
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
© Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
Location: Brownsburg, IN, United States