About the Team
The Digital team focuses on delivering a superior customer experience on petsmart.com and our mobile app. The team also guides revenue and profit growth for the digital business. Digital team associates focus on delivering initiatives that help our pet parents find and discover products, bring enterprise priorities to life digitally, design new user experiences, build new features and capabilities, and manage key omni-channel programs. We work to showcase our brand digitally through the lens of expertise and love and to provide a personalized experience for our consumers. The team takes a data-driven approach and leverages quantitative and qualitative insights to optimize the experience and make business decisions. About the Job
As a Sr. Product Manager at PetSmart you will lead the strategy, vision and roadmap for a set of digital products that will serve our pet parents in their online and omni journeys with us. You are a seasoned product veteran who will be responsible for articulating and setting the direction for a seamless experience that keeps our customer connected and informed. You will work closely with stakeholders across the organization to understand their needs and be most closely partnered with the technical teams to bring your respective digital products to life through development cycles.
Success in this position is a result of being able to make data-driving priority decisions, communicating with the highest levels of the organization, understanding and translating customer needs into a roadmap and requirements that IT can execute on, and being able to partner relentlessly with many cross-functional areas throughout the digital team and the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Define the vision for your respective product driven by data, insights, and research that aligns with PetSmart’s overall strategic vision and goals.
- Bring customer-obsessed attention to your product and continually iterate to ensure customer needs are met and that the product remains competitive.
- Develop, prioritize, communicate, and provide leadership with a product roadmap that creates best-in-class customer experiences based on your understanding of the customer across channels.
- Define all KPIs for success of the products on the roadmap; continuously monitor those KPIs post-implementation to validate hypotheses and understand future enhancement opportunities.
- Understand customer pain points and work closely with UX and development partners to define solutions.
- Articulate clear product priorities driven by data and expected outcomes that are inclusive of measurable KPIs and targets that align with company and business goals.
- Work closely with UX and the A/B testing team to define test for upcoming initiatives and areas of opportunity for optimization.
- Fully understand and remain up to date on the competitive landscape.
- Communicate product updates to all stakeholders over the course of multiple meetings and various communication methods (email, Sharepoint, Confluence, JIRA, etc.).
- Optimize the product and feature roadmap assessing priorities and trade-offs.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to maintain a backlog of feature requests and a product roadmap.
- Ensure coordination and collaboration across product managers to properly manage dependencies and avoid duplication of work.
- Understand technical issues to effectively make decisions around prioritizing new features, reducing technical debt and improving resiliency.
- Discover testing opportunities with new or existing features.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders: intake their requests, gather requirements, discuss prioritization, and be transparent about timing and delivery.
- Act as a leader and mentor of direct reports and other product managers to bring them along and grow them as professionals.
- May take on bigger enterprise projects that stretch outside of the typical product path.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing digital products and delivering results in a consumer facing product management role.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to assess business value, time-to-market, and trade-offs using data.
- Experience with lean requirements gathering, story mapping, and running requirements workshops with strategic stakeholders.
- Solid technical background, specifically with ecommerce technology.
- Above average analytical abilities, rigorous attention to detail and bias for customer-centric planning.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to influence and align stakeholders.
- Bias for action and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Collaborative spirit, and relationship-builder both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to work on cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence and Sharepoint.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
About the Culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, product management, IT, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working as a product manager (or in a product management capacity)
- 3+ years working in an agile environment
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/