The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will design, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions to monitor, validate, and orchestrate software throughout all stages of the SDLC. The SDET will be a member of an Agile development team and develop best-in-class test framework solutions. SDETs are responsible for all levels of development testing including functional, integration, performance, and regression testing. The qualified candidate should also be knowledgeable with TDD, test patterns, and best practices for developing a variety of tests.
We're proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, CO, UT, WA, OR, NV.
- Test-Driven Development - promote, establish, implement and enhance TDD processes and procedures; help/mentor the development team
- Application Development - Design, develop, and document, and implement test scenarios for new features or updating existing scenarios and implement new tests as needed
- Project - Identify system and integration tasks during team sprint cycle and provide implementation strategies and estimates.
- Create/Write - write test cases and automate through API, UI automation as needed
- Maintain - Developing and maintaining quality automation code and Test environments.
- Engage with business & technology stakeholders in identifying test scenarios and regression testing needs
- A leader in automated API and functional testing; Work closely with the development team to understand the functionality and identify testability of functional elements
- Mentor teams on the testability of functional elements, best practices on test coverage
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues in a variety of application environments
- Identify any technical risk or gaps within the system and recommend alternate mitigation approaches; Openly share ideas on new approaches with the team and mentor other team members on
- Learn constantly and keep up with technological changes, best practices, newer frameworks, and patterns related to all technologies
- Technical leadership and best practice guidance across all platforms; partner with other development and QA teams to advance the technical requirements of the system; Build and maintain strong working relationships with the key teams and organization QA team
- Drive continuous integration and deployment efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related degree
- Excellent understanding of the testing process, test types, and testing methodologies. Demonstrated experience with TDD; 3+ year of experience with Cucumber/Gherkin or similar
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with object-oriented design.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of algorithms to test solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of common development technologies (AJAX, J2EE, HTML, XML/XSL, JSON, Web Services [SOAP, REST], Maven/Gradle ...etc.).
- 6+ years of technical experience in developing test frameworks and automation (JUnit, NUnit, Mocha, RSpec, and the like)
- 6+ years of experience with load/performance testing of web-based applications and RESTful APIs.
- Hands-on familiarity with the cloud environment: GCP, AWS, or similar
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational database design.
- Experience with web driver tools (like Selenium, Capybara, and Puppeteer)
- Experience performance testing concepts and approaches including using tools like JMeter or similar
- The collaborative mindset with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits a continuous improvement mindset.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth - there's a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted the Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2nd year in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks' paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
COLLABORATE (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don't: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we're passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing company where dedicated professionals strive to help customers and each other succeed every day. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Job country: United States
Category: Banks/Credit Unions
Location: Waco, TX, United States
Job posted 2022-08-01