We are looking for a Software Development Manager to join a team building the next generation of a growing healthcare medical imaging platform. Our team is looking to add members looking to take ownership delivering stable feature functionality our community requires. We’re looking for you if you’re comfortable working in a collaborative environment where everyone takes responsibility for success in every aspect of our product’s delivery. We build incrementally, deliver by validation, enable through a culture of DevOps.
You’ll have a passion for the highest quality results, continuously looking to improve outcomes by enhancing processes and highlighting opportunities. You’ll work in collaboration with minimal supervision, adopting Agile process to prioritize, pick up, and complete work. You’ll share ideas and team up to deliver new and creative ways to solve problems.
What will I be responsible for in this job? (brief summary of the role)
- Drive your team towards timely execution often with competing priorities. Negotiate technical needs vs. new features and be a key contributor in defining the product roadmap.
- Own release management for the products you created – your product ships when the customers are realizing its value.
- Continue to improve the team’s SDLC processes and plan for the next thing in the product pipeline.
- Evangelize solutions and processes to the team.
- Mentor and motivate direct reports towards their career goals and actively develop your team’s skillset and put together a deep bench through proactive conversations, goal settings, and performance evaluations.
- Hold teams to high standards in writing quality scalable and supportable code, complete with appropriate unit tests, automated testing, documentation, and operationalization aspects in a CI/CD environment.
- Lead by example and use your technical expertise and perspective to drive innovation
- Interface with user representatives or other engineering groups to define requirements and/or necessary modifications when required
- Proactively collaborates with other teams resolve roadblocks and ensure a smooth delivery.
What are the requirements?
- 3 + years of experience managing a Production team of Software Developers
- Experience in building complex, highly scalable, performant, secure and reliable software systems
- Experience in Cloud-native design, principles and best practices
- Proficiency with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Proficiency with TDD and CI/CD processes
- Experience in leading and mentoring a small team of software engineers
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Proven leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science. Masters Preferred.
• Physical requirements:
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies (node.js, MongoDB, Kubernetes, cloud infrastructures and security principles)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Understanding of data modeling and database theory (ACID, CAP etc.)
- Experience designing, creating, and securing APIs; Web Services (REST/JSON), OAuth, JWT, WS-Security, SAML
How much should I expect to travel?
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Some of our positions require employees to be onsite at a Change Healthcare facility or a Client site, including Medical Facilities. Depending on the site’s health and safety guidelines, you may be required to have medical screenings or vaccinations to meet site requirements, which may include Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing. Further details and requirements will be confirmed during the interview process.