Our client, located near Flower Mound, TX, is a $1B+ leading manufacturer in their niche and have been in business for 100 years! They employ around 4,000 people and realize that these people are their greatest strength. The company has created a culture where they strive to always Do What’s Right and aspire to Be Extraordinary today, while building an even better future. Company is invested long-term in IT!
The Sr. Systems Administrator – Citrix in conjunction with a team of senior level network and systems administrators, handles day to day operations of the Citrix ecosystem. This includes
managing the storage, compute and Windows operating platforms hosting the on-prem Citrix environment.
You will also have a leading role in any Citrix Cloud initiatives and all other Citrix projects. Applying Citrix security best practices, operating heal and monitoring end user experience are key in maintaining your customer focus.
There are 1500 team members using Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop with 20% growth expected in the short-term but look forward to driving adoption through measurable positive user experience.
Offered is a very competitive salary, excellent benefits and a very stable, growing organization to work for. Relocation assistance is available! Sr. Administrator may work from home a few days a week.
What you will do
- Provide primary support for Microsoft Active Directory, Window Server, and VMware environments, as well as provide support for Network Attached Storage.
- Manage VMWare VCenter environment for nearly 500+ virtual servers across multiple physical environments.
- Identify and resolve network hardware and software related failures and issues.
- Ensure network and business continuity and effectively administer and enhance a Windows 2012 server Active Directory environment.
- Manage and maintain internal and/or external DNS, DHCP, and WINS.
- Responsible for development, deployment, and administration of Active Directory (AD) domain infrastructure, including Sites, Services, and routing topology.
- GPO design and Organizational Unit structure.
- Demonstrate familiarity with routing, switching, subnetting and bridging in LAN, WAN, VPN environments, access methods, and network topologies is essential.
- Upgrade software components and install operating system upgrades as required.
- Monitor network and system performance, recommend and implement adjustments upon approval.
- Serve as second and third level support for servers and corporate applications related to problems that the IT Service Desk cannot resolve.
- Responsible for on call after hours system support on a 6 week rotation.
- Implement system and network changes in a controlled manner; adhere to company change control policies.
- Work with outside vendors to obtain technical specifications for hardware and operating systems solutions.
- Evaluate new hardware, operating systems and related standards.
- Document network and system diagrams, process flow diagrams, and backup/recovery procedures.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The ideal candidate takes pride in their work and has a sense of responsibility for all ancillary systems to ensure SLAs are met and end user experience exceeds expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or equivalent; or related experience in equivalent combination of education and work history.
- 6+ years of work experience in Systems Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a large-scale Microsoft Windows Environment including, but not limited to: Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, Active Directory, Citrix versions 7.15 and higher, MS Office Suite (O365), Server Virtualization, Workload Management.
- 5+ years of experience with Citrix technologies; specifically with Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Virtual Desktop, VDI, NetScaler, HDX, StoreFront, Director, etc.
- Extensive experience in deploying security patches and standard windows updates in a Citrix environment.
- Experience with RES (or AppSense) profile management (Ivanti Workspace) a big plus.
- Extensive experience with Citrix LTSR versions going back to 7.15
- Managing hybrid Citrix Cloud environments and cloud connectors is a plus.
- Extensive experience in Citrix platform upgrades and managing golden images using Provisioning services and Machine creation services.
- Experience deploying FSLogix containers for Office365 products including Outlook and OneDrive.
- Ability to architect user and profile management, as well as native and 3rd party user profile management solutions.
- Experience in migrations from platforms and solutions to a shared server environment.
- At least 5 years' experience of Microsoft technologies: Server OS, Desktop OS, Active Directory, Office 365, Group Policy, Exchange.
- Experience with
- VMWare technologies: vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, Storage vMotion, SRM.
- Storage technologies.
- Block and file storage technologies from multiple vendors.
- Managing file shares & groups, user profiles and home directories on-prem or in OneDrive.
- Defining, creating and testing Group Policy updates for desktop OS.
- Creating, testing and optimizing Microsoft Group Policy Objects.
- Proven history and ability to provide mentorship and informal leadership.
- Proven history of influencing architecture guidelines.
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills.
- Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator (CCEA) is required
- The following certifications are a plus: Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA).
- Local to Flower Mound, TX or willing to relocate (company paid).