We at Smile, makers of TextExpander, are on a quest to help people work smarter, not harder, and to do that, we're searching for a customer-focused Sales Account Executive to help grow our TextExpander customer base.
- 📈 Entrepreneurial
- 🧐 Curious
- 💪 Tenacious
We want to talk to you!
The bulk of this position revolves around prospecting, generating leads, hosting TextExpander demos for potential customers, and closing deals.
Prospecting and leads: You're a prospecting pro! Our marketing team is excellent, so you'll have a substantial amount of warm inbound leads to nurture, but to keep your pipeline full, you'll leverage the tools we have to find new business leads via outbound methods.
Demos: You'll spend a lot of your time hosting online demos for prospective customers. You'll become a subject matter expert on TextExpander so you can listen to your customers, identify their needs, and demonstrate how TextExpander can help solve their business challenges. Fear of public speaking? What's that?
Closing deals: You have strong sales and negotiation skills and know how to sell on return on investment vs. technical functionality. You understand the value TextExpander will provide to the user and can confidently come to a win-win for both parties.
Travel: Almost all of the deals you will be closing will be online/virtual via phone calls and video conferences. You can expect a total of 3-4 trips throughout the year for potential customers, conferences or company events.
Your experience includes:
- Building credibility and trust while influencing buying decisions
- Generating pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Uncovering the business initiatives and pain points of your customers
Needed for the job:
- High-speed, reliable Internet connection
- 2+ years in a SaaS or software sales environment
- A great attitude and an eagerness to learn and solve problems
- Highly organized and self motivated
Preferred for the job:
- College education
- 2+ years working remotely
- Strong interest in productivity / working smarter
- Passion for your work and self-motivation
Why you should join the Smile team:
We're an established company that's been around for more than 15 years. We've grown from a two-person team to a team of over 30 - all while remaining self-funded and profitable!
We're here for our customers, but we're also here for each other. We are a close-knit, geographically diverse team that lives and breathes our company culture of accountability, integrity, teamwork, and passion for our customers.
We strongly embrace diversity and highly encourage underrepresented minorities to apply, even if they're not sure they meet all qualifications.
- High level of autonomy in your role working remotely
- Motivated and creative teammates
- Flexible schedule
- Employment benefits:
- Healthcare reimbursement plan (ICHRA plan)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) plan
- Profit-sharing plan
- Contract work also negotiable
- Salary + Commission: OTE is $90k-120k, with our top producers earning more!
The Fine Print:
Smile is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and develops productivity software for Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone, and iPad.
Smile provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.