About the Company:
is backed by Mayfield, a leading firm in the Bay Area, who most recently led an $11.5M round in the company. The team is ~40 people, and is fully distributed around the globe. The team has been fully distributed since 2019.
About Forem / Forem Cloud:
Forem is open source community software. It is the underlying technical foundation that powers DEV
, a community of 650k+ registered software developers, and a destination that serves more traffic
each month than industry staples like Hacker News.
Many of these same software developers are actively contributing to the Forem open source
project — creating a powerful feedback loop of transparency, continuous improvement, and extensibility. This connection to the open source community allows us to improve quickly, account for more use cases to empower diverse communities, and to build an incredibly valuable product for our partners.
Forem Cloud is our first commercial offering. It is a solution for larger Enterprises that need a hosted experience, priority support and training, and exclusive integrations with the DEV Community.
About the Role:
You will be joining as one of the first Account Executives focused on selling Forem Cloud. This role features a competitive base salary, an opportunity for substantial performance-based earnings (no cap on commissions), and a grant of stock options to share in the overall company upside. This role also includes our comprehensive benefits package (unlimited vacation, equipment budget, ergonomic consultations, parental leave, etc).
You will be working directly alongside the CEO in building our GTM strategy and sales processes. You will have the opportunity to help guide our overall approach, including weighing in to our messaging our positioning, gathering high-impact product feedback from prospective and current customers, building out sales collateral, and creating internal playbooks as we scale the Sales and GTM team.
You are ready to embrace your role as one of Forem’s first Account Executives. You bring a strategy-minded and systems-oriented approach in order to level up the entire team’s productivity and impact. You balance that collaborative nature with a strong desire to succeed individually, meeting and surpassing your individual goals..
You have multiple years of relevant experience. You are comfortable hunting for your own leads and developing your own talking points and materials. Your experience equips you to successfully sell our product to our target buyer/user at our target organizations.
You understand the opportunity to educate and inform the market about the long-term value of community building. When selling to developer-facing organizations, you will leverage DEV’s position in the ecosystem as a distinctive advantage to bundle our offering.
- Identify target market prospect companies and people
- Conduct outbound prospecting to fill your pipeline with qualified sales opportunities as well as handling inbound opportunities
- Consistently achieve pipeline targets by applying modern sales techniques and processes to efficiently create sales opportunities
- Take on other sales related tasks as defined by the CEO
- Use your creativity and tenacity to develop and improve how we target and reach new market segments
- Contribute directly to the success and growth of the company
- 2+ years of B2B AE sales experience in a hunting role
- Experience and comfort in prospecting your own leads
- Demonstrable track record of above target performance, especially in a startup environment
- Quick learner and motivated to take on challenging new projects
- Clear and direct communicator
- Self-motivated, organized, and process oriented
- Team-oriented, and excited to be part of building this high-performing group within the company