- 💸 $350 Referral Bonus
- 🚀 High Growth Potential
- 🔑 Report to CEO/Founder
- 💡 Open to Mid-to-Senior Level Experience
- 💰 $160k+ OTE (half base, half commission)
🗺 Anywhere in North America, South America, or Europe
We’ve grown Tuple to millions in ARR by building an excellent product that users genuinely love. We’ve been closing quite a few larger annual deals and feel there’s a big opportunity on the sales-assisted side of our business. We’re ready to hire an Account Executive to help us close more deals, increase our conversion rate for high-value trials, and ensure our existing customers will happily renew.
Who we are
is an app that lets developers pair program
while working remotely. Think of it a bit like super-powered Zoom screen-sharing, used by developers who are writing code together in real-time from the comfort of home.
Folks switch to Tuple because the screen-sharing is extremely high quality (important when viewing source code together) and the remote control is seamless and low-latency (important when controlling someone else’s computer via the Internet).
We founded the company three years ago because we disliked the existing pairing tools, and believed that by focusing on this particular use-case, we could create a tool developers would actually like.
Turns out we were pretty much right: we’ve grown to millions in ARR and tens of thousands of paid users in three years without any outside funding or full-time sales help.
Want even more details on how things are going? Our CEO Ben hosts a weekly podcast where he shares regular updates.
Currently, three-quarters of our revenue is self-serve: our customers sign up, enter a credit card, invite their teammates, and start pairing. We offer them occasional support via email and ask for their feedback on new features and the product roadmap, but don’t do much to help them buy. These folks tend to pay monthly.
One-quarter of our revenue comes from customers who need to go through a more traditional sales process. Usually, some of their devs sign up for a trial, like the product, and then kick it over to procurement to actually purchase it. Procurement often wants to negotiate a contract and pricing, perform a security assessment, and handle billing via invoice/PO. These folks almost always pay annually, with an average deal size of around $20k. Devs generally really like our product, so these deals tend to be less selling and more managing of the purchasing process. So far, all this deal flow is inbound.
We’re looking for someone to manage this process from initial interest to cash in the bank. This means that (at least at first), you’ll be a one-person sales department, dealing with everything that stands in the way of a completed deal.
When you have time between working deals from inbound leads, we’ll expect you to do some hunting within our existing customer base. We get lots of trials from large companies that could turn into much bigger accounts with some help from you.
Finally, you’ll manage renewals for our existing customers and share product feedback you’re hearing.
Goals for your first few months
- Learn the product and market.
- Close your first deals.
- Start to systematize our sales process.
- Begin reaching out to high-value trials.
- Make us feel silly for not hiring someone like you sooner.
- You’re kind, warm, and care deeply about your craft.
- You’ve sold B2B SaaS at an early-stage company.
- You’re great at creating order out of chaos. You’re excited by the idea of professionalizing the sales process for a company that has a great product but has not invested much in sales yet.
- You’re comfortable discussing a technical product with technical people. You understand that asking a software developer to jump on a phone call will make them roll their eyes.
Why you might want to work with us
- We’re tiny, so there are no layers of bureaucracy to work through (you’ll report to our CEO/founder). You can have a very big impact on the future of the company.
- We rarely have meetings.
- You can work remotely as long as you’re within 4 hours of Boston’s time zone (EST). You can also work out of our Somerville, MA office if you prefer.
- You’ll have a front-row seat at an early-stage, fast-growing company. If you hope to start your own thing someday, this could be good preparation.
- $160k+ OTE (half base, half commission).