42 is an end-to-end analytics platform for retailers and brands!
Retailers and fashion brands have a wealth of data available, but it's locked away in legacy systems and siloed third parties. Figuring out what products are selling in their stores or online, or what’s running out of stock is a daily struggle – many users ending spending hours in Excel.
Whether it's CEOs looking at their global store performance, store managers understanding best product placements, or merchandisers planning the next season, our platform enables retailers and brands to get instant visibility in their business.
The majority of retailers don't have the in-house expertise to spin up data infrastructure. Instead, they piece together reports in excel on a daily basis. This works fine for small eCommerce brands, but not for retailers in the $50M – $5B range. That's where we come in.
We offer our customers 🛍 📈
- Retail-specific dashboards: best-practice metrics / visuals are built-in and customizable
- No integration: we make their data and systems work with our platform
- Hosted infrastructure: we host the pipelines and data warehouse
So, why join? 🌟
- We are a remote-first company since 2019 (yes, before 2020 happened)
- We are growing and profitable (!)
- We have high user engagement
- We run the analytics for brands you know (including: ALLSAINTS, Rebecca Minkoff, FAHERTY)
- Small team, lots of opportunities to grow and shape the future of the company
- We are a no ego, no bs, collaborative group passionate about our product and customers
- You will receive feedback 1:1, as we want to invest in your career growth and success
Role Overview & Key Responsibilities 👩🏽💻👨💻
This will be our first dedicated Customer Success hire! This team member will work closely with customers that have strategic potential, and ensure these customers have the knowledge and support to use our platform well. The role will entail collaborating with sales and engineering colleagues to form strategy.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Onboarding new customers and helping manage integration project requirements with 42 engineering team members
- Aligning with customer stakeholders (department leaders, product users, and budget holders/buyers) to build and maintain successful relationships with multiple personas to enable high levels of customer satisfaction, platform adoption, and successful renewals
- Acting as the point of contact for customer issues and obstacles, and swiftly responding with solutions or resources
- Proactively serving as a customer advocate while balancing customer needs and business priorities
- Building lasting relationships with key customer stakeholders (even if they switch companies)
- Serving as the voice of the customer and providing valuable feedback to our leadership, product, and marketing teams
- Constantly learning more about the 42 platform and retail metrics to become a trusted expert for customers
Sample challenges we want to work with you on: 🏗
- How do we increase the value our customers get with our platform based on our existing features?
- What trends should we pay attention to from our customers’ needs?
- What type of resources could we build to support our 42 community?
- What metrics should be updated or new actions should be taken to continually improve customer satisfaction and needs?
- Is there a way to optimize custom engineering work done for one client that can benefit other segments?
You are a team member that…🙌
- can work during New York Timezone hours (Eastern Time)
- can work well as part of a fast-paced remote-first startup
- is self-motivated, resourceful and can get things done, even at times with minimal direction
- has at least four (4) years of work experience, with at least two (2) years of account management, customer success, or similar role focused on customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- is an an attentive listener, with stellar written and verbal communication skills
- demonstrates high emotional intelligence while working with customers and colleagues
- is friendly, a stellar problem solver, and assertive while being approachable
- excels at organization and planning, with the ability to work cross functionally with multiple groups
- may have experience in the retail industry, such as in MERCHANDISING, PLANNING, BUYING (bonus)
- may have experience in a B2B SaaS company (bonus)
- may have experience working with technical clients or grasping technical concepts (bonus)
While this is a remote position, preference will be given to candidates based in the United States and Canada that have access to a major airport for potential client visits.
What we provide 🎁
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Company games every 3 weeks
- In-person retreats every 4-6 months
- Small team=big impact
- Flexible family benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid medical and dental coverage (for US residents)
- 401(k) plan (non-company matching, for US residents)
- Special requests welcome!
To wrap up, a few fun facts about us
- We are a lean team, located across three continents and speak six languages 🌏🌍🌎
- More than half of us are parents 👶🐶🐱
- We like sharing food updates 🍱🌮🍕though we are split on loving or detesting peppers 🫑
If this sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!
Write “DTC“ in the subject line to prove you are a human 🤖 and feel free to send along any applicable links that base showcase your experience (i.e. LinkedIn, resume, blog posts).