Bonsai is looking for an Affiliate Manager to grow our affiliate program
and take it to the next level. Our affiliates drive a significant % of our revenue and we're looking for a strategist who can scale this channel.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned affiliate marketing professional looking to scale an affiliate program where the ground work has already been done. You'll come in and build a "best practices" playbook to grow our affiliate revenue repeatably.
- You'll be our first full-time hire in affiliates and a key hire during this period of rapid growth for our company
- You'll be working with a truly world-class marketing team with leaders from companies like Typeform, Pipedrive, Close & BCG.
🗓 What does the day to day look like?
Like any fast growing company, no two days are alike. However, here are some projects you could find yourself working on:
Scaling new affiliate recruitment
- Recruit affiliates via cold outreach, activate them and optimise their performance.
- Build a repeatable process on how to recruit affiliates successfully at scale
Activating new affiliates
- Improve affiliate onboarding
- Build campaigns to incentivise new affiliates to start promoting Bonsai within their first 30 days
Making existing affiliates successful
- Improve performance of existing affiliates by identifying rising affiliates, working 1:1 with them, negotiating and closing deals.
- Stay top of mind of our affiliates by running regular promotions, contests, webinars and marketing workshops
- Set up an affiliate segmentation strategy - what are the different stages of affiliates, how many affiliates are on each stage, how to move them from one stage to the next and what incentive (swag, cash etc.) should we offer to speed them through it
Managing (and improving) our affiliate operations
- Manage payouts, remove any unwanted affiliates and be the point person for any affiliate concerns, questions or ideas.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teammates to share learnings, co-organise marketing campaigns, share feedback with the product team and contribute to our high level marketing strategy to grow Bonsai
Owning and reporting progress on these KPIs
- Growth in MRR from affiliates
- New affiliates activated every month
- Improvement in affiliate revenue from our top 20 affiliates
😄 What does the ideal candidate look like?
- 3-5 years experience of building and managing an affiliate program
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience in SaaS
- 2+ years of full time remote work
- Deep knowledge of tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Mailshake, Pitchbox etc.
- Preferably used FirstPromoter in the past
🤩 Who will thrive in this role?
- You're VERY organized with your work. You like structure and love documenting your work.
- You're good at closing partnerships and deals with affiliates. You can make a convincing case/offer to a busy blogger to promote Bonsai and expertly manage these relationships.
- You’re proactive, inquisitive and regularly bring up new affiliate ideas/new things to do. You obsess over great affiliate programs at other companies and love to backtrack how they're doing it successfully.
- You have a “Get shit done” mindset: you’re very action oriented, you like and want to get your hands dirty.
- You’re a self-starter and entrepreneurial. You can own a channel, plan your week, month and year’s tasks in advance on your own and don’t require hand-holding with your work.
- You're great at asynchronous communication.
- You’re disciplined with your time and are great at managing multiple things going on at once. We have multiple campaigns running, multiple parallel conversations going with affiliates, tons of new affiliates to speak to and lots of new ideas and experiments to run. How do we prioritise what we do?
🌲 What is Bonsai?
is a freelance business management platform used by ~300,000 freelancers across the world. It takes care of a freelancer's boring admin work - contracts, proposals, invoices, payments, accounting & taxes - so they can focus on getting the actual work done and make $$$. We're backed by some of the world's best investors, we’re profitable, and we are 100% remote across 8 countries.