At Dash, our Goal is to increase financial freedom and opportunities for everyone. We develop products that enable payments on the blockchain and make cryptocurrency accessible for consumers, merchants, businesses, and developers. We’ve designed a payments platform that puts user experience first, obscures the technical complexity underneath, and reinvents how cryptocurrency works in the future.
Dash is a cryptocurrency originally based on the Bitcoin blockchain, augmented with additional features focused on payments, and is one of the most recognized and accepted cryptocurrencies.
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of blockchain or blockchain-derived mobile applications. You will be working alongside engineers and developers in the Dash Core team and under the management of the mobile team leader. Dash is a cryptocurrency originally based on the Bitcoin blockchain, augmented with additional features, and is one of the most recognized and accepted cryptocurrencies. This is an opportunity to work with the most innovative cryptocurrency team and make an impact on the way people interact with their money through their mobile devices.
- Implement various features of Dash Evolution on mobile. Dash Evolution is the code name for our next release.
- Implement UI/UX solutions into mobile apps.
- Maintain the localization of all Dash Core Group Android apps. This might require interaction with community contributors native to each localization.
- Help maintain code quality in your team.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with your team leader to define, design, and ship new features.
- 3 years or more programming in Java or Kotlin.
- 3 years of studies in Computer Science, Engineering or related subjects at the university level.
- Experience working with Android frameworks such as Live Data and Room.
- Basic knowledge or better of how a blockchain works. Preference for candidates with a strong passion for blockchain technologies.
- Understanding of Material Design principles and interface guidelines.
- Ability to work remotely and be self-motivated.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Proficiency in the English language. You must be able to communicate with the team, both orally and in written form.
We would prefer candidates have at least a few of the following:
- Basic understanding of how cryptography is being used in the blockchain.
- Have published one or more Android apps.
- Understanding of SPV in blockchain technology.
- Strong Unix skills.
- A knack for writing unit tests and optimization based on them.
Location / compensation:
- Location can be anywhere / remote
- Preference will be given to applicants based in the EST/GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2 time zones.
- Compensation will be at competitive rates and based on experience and location