Movatic is looking for a lead backend full-time, remote developer with experience in building modern APIs, micro-services, for websites and apps to become a key part of our small, but growing team.
Movatic is a rapidly growing startup that is all about making renting and sharing easy. Our platform enables users to rent bikes, scooters, and bike parking at 450+ Movatic powered systems across the world. We believe in a culture of collaboration, hard work, and work-life balance to maximize speed and productivity.
You love to program and are ready to hit the ground running. The prospect of rapidly learning new skills excites you. While you are hungry to make an impact and take ownership of features and products, you are always looking to collaborate and seek out team and user feedback. Working remotely excites you as you are a focused self-starter who enjoys a flexible work schedule. For you, working on something that is challenging and important with other smart, dedicated people is a must.
- 3+ years of work experience and understanding of full-stack development
- Thorough understanding of relational databases and mastery of SQL, bonus points for Cockroachdb
- Expertise in managing microservices and managing them with Kubernetes
- Experience in building with Docker
- Expertise with Open API & GRPC Specs and API development
- Programming experience in Python
- Desire to work remote on a small team
- Fluent in English
- Feature ownership, ability to have ownership over large projects and make an impact
- Flexible schedule, permissive vacation policy
- Ownership of the backend services
- Opportunity for rapid growth and advancement
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following to be considered for this position:
- Your resume.
- Describe your software development process?
- In your own words, what does Movatic do?
- Why are you interested in joining the Movatic team?
- Why would you be a good fit?