We are looking for a self-motivated, successful Business Development Manager to find and close business opportunities and manage customer relationships. You will be focused on selling workplace communications digital signage solutions to Mid-Market and Enterprise customers. You'll be directly responsible for the expansion and growth of new customers whilst working with our existing and new channel partners to deliver a total solution for each customer.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in software sales taking prospective customers through the key sales stages of; discovery, needs analysis, demonstration, solution proposal, close, grow and retain. We expect you to be an accomplished professional with a customer solution focus and a results-driven approach. Your overarching goal is to identify opportunities with prospects and new clients and build them into long-term profitable relationships.
- Create detailed business plans designed to attain predetermined goals and quotas.
- Unearth new sales opportunities through outbound activities and networking, and turn them into long-term partnerships.
- Present and demonstrate our Signagelive digital signage platform to prospective clients.
- Sell the Signagelive platform for workplace communications to key stakeholders within Mid-Market and Enterprise customers.
- Collaborate with existing channel partners to deliver turn-key solutions to Mid-Market and Enterprise customers incorporating pricing plans, licence billings, chargeable services and revenue.
- Although Signagelive is the platform (SaaS) you will more often than not be involved in the full project life cycle which will incorporate daily management of expectations of multiple individuals from end users through to the reseller channel.
- Build and maintain all stages of the sales pipeline and liaise with the wider Commercial team based locally, regionally and UK HQ (Saffron Walden) on a regular basis.
- Work in partnership with the team including; technical pre-sales, support and or development to discuss projects once opportunities are fully qualified.
- Build and maintain local knowledge of competitive solutions to Signagelive in the region (commercially) and with the assistance of the UK team highlight technical competitive solutions to be reviewed.
- Remain in regular contact with your clients to understand and meet their needs.
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues to the customer's satisfaction and to maintain the company's reputation.
- Negotiate agreements in conjunction with our channel partners and keep records of sales and data.
- Provide weekly updates of commercial activities and participate in weekly calls (Sales, Development and Support) as necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Report directly to Jason Cremins our CEO and work in collaboration with the wider commercial, technical and support teams to forge and maintain a collaborative and complementary working relationship with the sole focus to win together as a team and territory.
- Work alongside the Signagelive Global Sales Engineering and Support teams to conceptualise and deliver use-case driven Proof Of Concepts (POCs) to advance sales and marketing of Signagelive to major accounts and opportunities.
- Work in collaboration with the Signagelive team to participate in industry trade shows and events.
- Work in collaboration with Signagelive team on sales and marketing campaigns to drive sales and awareness of Signagelive, and to uphold Signagelive's reputation as a leading digital signage solutions provider.
- Facilitate project closure of significant deals by identifying and addressing key risk factors, changes in scope, and external dependencies, and suggest probable solutions to ensure that they are not lost to competitors.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a confident (but not arrogant), friendly, self-motivated individual with a customer-first attitude to building relationships and winning business.
- You value working within a team environment and an environment where professionalism and respect for everyone you interact with are paramount.
- You are open, transparent and are prepared to own your mistakes and learn from them.
- You are accountable and trustworthy.
- You have an appetite to learn every day to improve and grow as a person and contribute to the continued growth and success of Signagelive.
- You will have a demonstrable track record in achieving or surpassing sales quotas.
- You are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to shape the future of Signagelive.
- Proven experience as a Business Development Manager / Account Executive selling B2B software solutions to Mid-Market and Enterprise Customers,
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles.
- Understand the full value of management of expectations at all stages of the opportunity life cycle.
- Outstanding knowledge of Google Workspace (GSuite); knowledge of Salesforce CRM software and Sales Cadence software is an advantage.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships.
- Organisational and time-management skills.
- A business acumen.
- Enthusiastic and passionate.
- BSc or BA in business administration, sales or marketing would be an advantage (or local equivalent).
- Confident and have the necessary gravitas to influence key, senior stakeholders within organisations who will ultimately be the decision-makers.
- Full details will be provided as part of the interview process, however, we expect you to deliver net new business that results in billings that are directly attributable to you and are at least five times (5x) the cost of your total package.
- Our full support to ensure your success from formal onboard to regular training and advice.
- Direct access to the local team and the wider Signagelive Global team through regular web sessions and daily interaction on Slack.
- A competitive package that rewards you for success without being capped. Please note that we do not provide private health insurance.
- The opportunity to be considered for Stock Options after your first year of employment.
- Open and honest feedback on your progress with support to achieve your goals.
- A friendly and welcoming team who value their colleagues and celebrate their contribution to our continued growth and success.