Business Development Representative
The Sales Representative position will be home-based and require minimum travel. This team member must reside in the Western United States, preferably in Pacific Standard time zone. This role consists mainly of outbound sales calls as well as some inbound customer service responsibilities. This will be the second sales position in this company and will report directly to our Director of Global Business Development. It is your opportunity to have an impact, make a difference and learn from being on the ground floor of a fast-growing healthcare company.
Primary responsibilities will include completing a number of outbound calls to healthcare facilities and distribution partners on a daily basis as well as answering incoming calls and emails. This position will be part of our customer-facing sales & customer experience teams and the ultimate goal for this position is to grow revenue by interacting with our customers. Cold-calling will be minimally required, we have an extensive database of tens of thousands of existing customers you will be working with. We expect every contact a customer makes with our company to be outstanding and significantly above industry standards. Strong communication skills and radiantly positive disposition will help us develop new business & retain customers with an experience that sets us apart from our competition. If you aren't ready to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes, whenever it needs to be done, this is not the position for you. We are positive thinkers and expect all our team members to think big.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform outbound phone calls for the purpose of developing prospects, managing current accounts and completing sales in facilities not covered by the business development manager.
- Work daily with distribution partners to develop and grow revenue.
- Answer incoming calls when support is needed for the Customer Experience team. This individual will be solely responsible for answering all incoming calls from 3pm – 5pm PST.
- Organize and conduct product training via phone.
- Maintain a customer database of all inquiries, assignments, tasks and sales through the use of the company CRM.
- Maintain product knowledge including the ability to describe Cables & Sensors product offering by phone and position our products versus the competition.
- Support the Director of Business Development while in the field and assist the executive team in meeting internal responsibilities and company goals.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent training in business development or sales. Medical device background preferred but exceptions can be made for an outstanding candidate.
Desired Trancing, Experience, and Qualifications
- Personality. Are you an optimist by nature? Do you enjoy working with other people to solve a problem? Our culture is of the utmost importance to our organization. We want individuals who have a positive, forward-thinking attitude with the ability to resolve issues in a respectful, timely manner.
- Must be an energetic, enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys a challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Flexibility. Are you able to adjust quickly in a growing, changing work environment?
- Phone voice. Are you an individual that relays charisma and likeability over the phone? Do you enjoy being on the phone for most of your day?
- Accurate data entry and record keeping skills. Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple departments.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and true attention for details.
- Experience following and executing complex and detailed procedures
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on the use of Google Spreadsheets and other cloud-based tools such as CRM, inventory management, Slack, etc.
- Proven track record in outbound call volumes exceeding 30+ calls per day.
- Outstanding customer focus, a capability to provide experiences to customers that are beyond the industry average.
- Communication proficiency. Must possess great communication skills both verbally on the phone and in writing by email. Demonstrate high attention for detail in grammar and spelling.
- Problem solving and analysis. Be able to resolve minor problems and make the appropriate decisions to make things right for the customer. Be able to identify between a minor and major problem.
- Multi-tasking. Be capable of managing multiple calls, emails and an onslaught of information during times when pressure increases and be able to manage them calmly and error-free.
- Teamwork orientation. Capable of working with a remote team, being involved and enjoying a friendly and warm work environment.
- Ability to work from home without interruptions or supervision.
- Excellent spoken English, strong grammar and typing skills.
This job is a remote position. All office, phone and computer equipment required to perform its duties will be provided by C&S. A dedicated, private, quiet location with a strong wired internet connection at home will be required for this position. Background noises should be strictly monitored as a professional environment must be communicated over the phone.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5:00PM PST.
- 3 + years in a position of sales preferred.
- Experience running sales reports and analyzing data. Strong spreadsheet skills are a plus.
- Prior background meeting sales objectives or KPIs is required.
- Experience using cloud-based CRM tools (Salesforce or others, for example), Excel and Outlook.
Minimal travel is expected for this position. Typically, our team meets once or twice per year in the U.S. for team meetings and product training. You will likely attend 2-3 trade shows annually. All company related trips and other training-related travel is required and paid for by Cables and Sensors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. We are a small company and as such, duties, responsibilities and activities may change based on our needs. It will be expected, from time to time, for every position in the company to perform tasks that are beyond their job description.
Position Reports to
Kevin Allen, Director of Global Business Development
It is the policy of Cables & Sensors to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Really, we mean it. This position is exempt per the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Please submit your resume, answers to the following questions, and a 30 second to 1 minute video introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. No cover letter required.
1. Why would you be a great fit for this position? What qualities, skills, and experience could you contribute to the team?
2. If your friends had to describe you in three words, which three words would they choose?
3. At Cables and Sensors, our company culture is extremely important. What qualities do you look for in a company’s culture?
4. What characteristic do you think makes you most successful in a sales position and why?
5. What's a new skill you learned recently and how did you learn it?
6. YouTube Link to Introduction Video: