At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Hopin is seeking a Business Development Representative who is personable, self-driven, passionate and ambitious! We’re looking for someone with a bit of sales experience and super excited to tell others about our hybrid and virtual event product offerings. You will work with a global sales team to build and close a rapidly growing pipeline. You are capable of independently identifying high potential prospects and managing early sales funnel activities. We’ll provide all the training you need to be successful.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, a team player, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently a team of 75 and growing quickly.
About the Role
- Sourcing new business and/or cross-sell pipeline and revenue through outbound prospecting efforts
- High sales activity role with daily Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for targeted call and email campaigns
- Generating interest through outbound cold calling
- Prospecting for opportunities across the platform in existing customers or new prospects
They do this by...
- Partnering closely with Account Executives to identify and source net new pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Discovering the customers’/prospects’ business initiatives and acting as the Hopin advocate
- Building a point of view on how to help qualify customers needs
- Speaking to value and return on investment vs. technical functionality
- Building credibility and trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Learning how to anticipate and prepare for objections
- Demonstrating adaptability and flexibility as part of an ever-growing sales organization
- Managing a high volume of accounts with a strategy on prioritization of your accounts and time
- Researching and understanding various lines of business and personas
- 2+ years of professional sales experience
- Experience cold calling and emailing companies for greenfield or whitespace opportunities
- Proven track record of success - consistent quota attainment and achievement of KPIs
- Excellent presentation and public speaking abilities
- Fluent English speaker with outstanding written and verbal communication skills; you have the ability to read, interpret, and clarify customers' goals, and then respond to help them achieve those goals
- Tech Savvy - love software, tech and excited to learn new software
- Super motivated, can-do attitude, problem solver and can work in a fast paced environment
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.