Paved is an established and growing online marketplace that connects email newsletters with some of the world’s largest brands.
Have you ever opened a newsletter and read “This newsletter is sponsored by…”.? That’s what we do—and reach millions of highly engaged subscribers every day.
Paved is the top-performing marketing channel for most of our advertisers. That’s because we monitor over 100,000 newsletters and use almost half a billion data points to provide them with the best recommendations, allowing them to launch campaigns effortlessly and spend wisely.
We have seen exponential growth over the last year as companies adjust their marketing budgets to account for recent changes in consumer spending.
We are a scrappy, small, fully remote team that’s growing quickly.
About This Role
We are looking for a Business Development Representative who is personable, driven, and passionate. The ideal candidate has previous sales experience and is super excited to help publishers monetize their newsletters. You will own the growth and day-to-day activities of our new product line (which we recently soft-launched). Adoption of this product has grown organically and is now at a $1m run rate. You’ll be working with our network of publishers to continue this growth trajectory.
You will be responsible for executing our go-to-market strategy, including building our partnerships program and sales process. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the newsletter space, can operate at both a high altitude and execute on the day-to-day, and is ready to close and foster relationships long-term with our publisher partners.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Generate new business opportunities through a combination of outbound activities and inbound inquiries
- Manage an ever-growing network of publishers, identifying and cultivating important relationships in online newsletter communities
- Confidently run sales demos, understanding the prospective customer’s pain points, educating on Paved’s value, key differentiators, and guiding prospects through the sales process
- Manage the sales pipeline from prospecting to close, prioritizing leads effectively, and communicating any challenges or wins to the team
- Drive prospects to close by thoughtfully addressing key stakeholders in the buyer journey while navigating organizational complexities
- Proactively build and improve on sales collateral and processes, working collaboratively with the design and marketing teams to build an outstanding brand experience
- Create a full feedback loop with the product team by advocating for customer needs and communicating market insights
- Be future thinking, laying the groundwork for a high-growth sales team, as well as, providing insight into critical next hires more broadly
Remote isn’t for everyone. You should have prior experience successfully working with a remote team. Self-motivation and strong communication skills are a must.
You are very results-oriented, motivated, and ambitious.
You want to take care of our publishers, help them grow their business, and serve as a publisher advocate internally. You want the freedom to do good work without being held back by approvals or sign-offs.
You are organized, stay on top of your responsibilities, and don't let things slip through the cracks. You see a problem, you find a way to fix it.
- A strong track record of success - consistent quota attainment and achievement of KPIs
- Confident and clear communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills over email, social media, video conference, or webinars
- Self-motivated with the ability to think creatively and troubleshoot.