Hi there-- we are Spring Theory, and we match great companies with top universities to explore solutions to big challenges.
We are located in Los Angeles, CA, but this position can be entirely remote so that you can be located anywhere.
This Client Development Manager role will be responsible for managing the partnership development process for a portfolio of universities by cultivating successful industry client relationships. The role fuses business development, customer relationship management, and project management. You will be interacting with managers, directors, and senior-level executives at companies such as American Express, Microsoft, JetBlue Airways, and ESPN.
We are the leading company in the US that is focused on project-based learning in higher education, emphasizing engaging corporations as project partners. Among corporations, we work with over 50 universities and over 35% of Fortune 100 brands.
Here's what you will be working on:
- Manage a recruitment and partnership development pipeline of companies to match with a portfolio of university collaboration opportunities that start in Summer 2021
- Research companies and individual prospects
- Craft emails and materials as part of outreach campaigns
- Conduct discovery calls with company executives
- Work with companies to think-through interesting ideas and project briefs
- Follow-up and follow-through on conversations with a large list of prospects, leads, and clients
- Organize and moderate meetings between universities and companies
- Collaborate with our university team on new opportunities
Who are we looking for?
- An organized, self-motivated person who naturally takes ownership and initiative
- Thrives working in an independent, innovative, open working environment as part of a small team
- Talented at working with and adapting to different personalities and communication styles
- Ability to pick up and communicate new information to various audiences
- Always open to learning, adapting, and making improvements through feedback and new ideas
- An excellent writer and clear communicator that demonstrates knowledge and personability
- Comfortable contributing, experimenting and implementing new ideas, big and small
- Have a 4-year college degree
- Competitive salary and revenue share
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- An overall very flexible work schedule and complete autonomy
- The chance to have an outsized impact on a growing company - we hope to grow with the people that we hire
- A meaningful place to work where we value each other's contributions and personal professional growth