Who we are: At Hypergiant, our work is driven by individuals pushing the boundary and always professionally challenging our clients to think differently. We’re seeking individuals who are both analytical and creative and can help us fuel our motto: Tomorrowing Today. We’re based in Texas and have a strong track record of working with some of the biggest brands around the world in industries spanning retail, oil & gas, energy, aviation, healthcare, and more. We provide large enterprises with cutting-edge advice, bespoke technology solutions, and deployment expertise needed to harness the value out of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our goal is to work with forward-thinking organizations and to help them understand how Artificial Intelligence will affect their business and their industry.
We are looking for an independent, perceptive, adaptable, highly organized, passionate, and strategic Concept Designer. You’re articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills. You are highly capable of creating unforgettable visuals which help us bring our ideas to life. You are a team player, and self-motivation is certainly not a problem for you. Additionally, you know how to fill a ‘blank canvas’ with mesmerizing, jaw-dropping, and breathtaking work.
Our design group—consisting of a variety of artists and designers, gives us a great team for working on our internal projects, but it also allows us to offer design services to our customers in addition to our a-list development team. The core of this role will be anchored in concepting, storyboarding, and in creating visualizations to communicate those concepts to our clients and key stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Help define, develop and maintain the artistic vision/visual assets for the brand and associated projects as set forth by the EVP of Design, along with other internal & external stakeholders.
- Quickly create and iterate on high quality concept design and sketches that will directly inform the project & brand direction.
- Thoroughly research materials to support each project and build mood boards to communicate the visual intent.
- Create thumbnails, sketches, model sheets, and production quality paintings on schedule.
- Work closely with other members of the team to understand the overall implications of the design and user experience.
- Tweak and edit concepts based upon internal feedback.
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using designated tracking tools.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work.
- 7+ years’ experience in in crafting detailed concept art, ideally using both 2D and 3D techniques.
- BA or equivalent degree in studio art or graphic design related field.
- Ideal candidates will have a portfolio displaying futuristic/sci-fi related design samples; additional experience in special effects, VFX, or related work would certainly catch our attention!
- Extraordinary ability to create unique visual stories and crafting compelling presentations.
- Must be able to quickly ideate, concept ideas and sketch storyboards, and create comps and prototypes that support our team’s ability to collaborate and share our vision with our key stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of storytelling through imagery using composition, mood, and lighting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated; you work well on your own AND thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Outstanding design sensibility; strong understanding of UX/UI Design principles would be ideal.
- Expert-level experience with Adobe Suite, and well accustomed to working with various design tools/applications.
**Portfolio demonstrating required skills listed above is required. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. **
Hypergiant, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We offer a generous benefits package, including company contributions to medical benefits. We have a modern, comfortable office in central Austin. We offer unlimited PTO. In addition, we offer a fun, flexible work environment, company-sponsored activities, and commit to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs. Learn more at hypergiant.com