Content Marketing Manager (contract-to-hire)
Visably is a first-mover MarTech Saas start-up; we have developed patent-pending a.i.-driven search marketing software that has the potential to remake the global SEO industry. This role will be a contract-to-hire position with stock options (upon hire) and the opportunity to have an outsized impact with a promising early-stage startup.
We’re looking for an experienced content marketer with a passion for SEO and digital marketing who can take the reins to curate a best-in-class blog, social content, whitepaper development, and more. The ideal candidate will thrive working in autonomous work environments, enjoys setting up primary research projects, and is experienced in creative direction and/or graphic design.
This person will be responsible for ideating and executing Visably’s content strategy, balancing best practice content development with original research and new practice. The role will also be responsible for creating compelling visual content, including infographics and data visualizations and other annotated visuals to compliment blog content. The Content Marketing Manager will also be responsible for the distribution of that content through the Visably blog, social channels, and earned media activities.
We’re looking for creative problem solvers that can masterfully communicate complex ideas and data sets in accessible copy / vernacular. This position will work directly with the company Founder and CEO to plan content development and will directly coordinate with the Visably engineering team to assist with special data collection and primary research projects.
As the lead content creator, you will have a unique megaphone and opportunity to make a name for yourself in the SEO and search engine marketing industry. The Visably team will rely upon you to bring new ideas to the table and to exercise your creative mindset to inspire thought-change within the SEO industry. Due to the large degree of ownership and work autonomy that comes with this role, you will find yourself in the driver's seat to promote thought leadership amongst the global SEO community and internally at Visably as we develop new features and improve user-experience.
Visably is based in Jackson Hole, WY and we share a keen interest in the outdoors and believe in work-life integration. We are a virtual company and offer incredible knowledge growth and flexibility of time and space. If you want to grow and have fun doing it, we might be the right team for you.
The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years experience managing technical SEO content for a leading agency and/or SEO Saas. Outstanding copywriting skills and understanding of SEO principles and content distribution best practices are essential. The ability to present to live audiences utilizing webinars, videos, and other speaking engagements is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or related field
- 3-5 years experience managing content for a leading Saas or digital agency
- The ability to reach across silos and collaborate with cross-functional teams (engineering, CX, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of advanced SEO principles
- Experience and knowledge of the public relations industry
- Experience with social media management and online community building, particularly within LinkedIn and Twitter
- The ability to build content management systems, stay organized, and project manage teams to deliver high-quality work on deadline
- Write professional copy that will be seen and shared by many
- Use data to tell stories by building rich, intuitive data visualizations, charts, and graphs
- Enjoys networking, presenting to other people, and feels comfortable behind a podium
- Build roadmaps and deliver features at a reasonable and reliable pace
- Highly autonomous, thrives as owner of technical content development
- Loves working with data to deliver compelling copy and visual narratives
- Results-oriented, eager to ship
- Extreme self-starter and self-motivator
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- Enthusiastic and supportive of cross-team collaboration and dissemination of domain knowledge / mentoring
- Rapid-fire experimenter
- Extremely high standards and holds others to do the same
- Open to giving and receiving critical feedback
- Believes in the mission of the company, cares about fundamental fairness
- Enthusiasm for teamwork
- Is eager to dig in, take ownership, and work in a virtual team environment
Salary $60,000 - $80,000 DOE. (contract-to-hire)
Work from anywhere.
Company Equity .5 -1%
Health insurance stipend