Are you PASSIONATE about content marketing? Do you get pumped about delivering revenue results? Do you geek out on crafting the best email subject lines or social posts for customer personas? Are you always asking why certain content did or didn’t work?
Are you PROUD to be a content marketer? Do you take pride in your work? Do you focus on flawlessly executing content marketing campaigns?
Are you PURPOSEFUL in your decision making? Do you enjoy digging into marketing data, pulling out insights and making data-driven decisions? Do you focus on business results, not just marketing KPIs?
If this sounds like you, then let’s talk.
We’re looking for a full-time, experienced content marketer to manage campaigns for a variety of B2B clients. Proofpoint is a fully remote, revenue marketing agency based in the Twin Cities, with a growing roster of amazing clients. Your role entails (but is not limited to), the following:
- Assist and help execute content strategy, based on our proven Content Framework, including the research and synthesis of client personas, content gap analysis, and editorial and content calendars.
- Work closely with Client Success team members (e.g. account manager, project manager, strategy leads) to ensure work is being done to agreed upon scope, timeline, strategy and objectives.
- Strategize, plan and execute long-form content (e.g. blogs, articles, whitepapers, etc.).
- Strategize, plan and execute short-form content (e.g. social posts, landing page copy, etc.).
- Providing recommendations for video, visual and/or audio content to internal and external resources.
- Develop SEO content briefs to be used with either internal or external copywriting resources.
- Interface and work with external writing and creative talent, as needed.
- Lead ongoing content recommendations and contribute to content creation where needed.
- Perform keyword research to develop and optimize content for maximum qualified organic traffic.
- Recommend content cadence(s) and put together and manage editorial calendars.
- Analyze, interpret and act upon content marketing performance data, including forecasting performance.
- Provide recurring summary reports and recommendations to clients and internal teams.
- Assist with internal agency content marketing efforts.
- Participate in elevating the agency brand and culture, both internally and externally.
- Must command a strong mastery of the written word and have a passion for how content can impact business results.
- Must have a healthy obsession with grammar and punctuation.
- Possess a strong understanding of how content drives demand and revenue.
- Understanding of how content impacts SEO, and a mastery of SEO best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of content distribution channels and strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of social media and social media management tools.
- Experience with developing content for various mediums (written, video, audio, etc.).
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple projects/client accounts.
- 3-5 years content marketing experience.
- 1 – 2 years agency experience preferred.
- 1 – 2 years copywriting experience preferred.
- On-page SEO experience preferred.
- Experience working remotely and/or with remote teams preferred.
- Experience with B2B industries and clients.
- Position is open to U.S. residents only.
APPRECIATED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- An eye for design and ability to work collaboratively with design talent to bring content pieces to life; knowledge of Canva a plus.
- Knowledge of email marketing.
- Knowledge of marketing automation platforms.
- Experience with Slack, ClickUp, Zoom and G Suite.
PERSONALITY & CULTURE FIT:
- You possess interpersonal skills and have patience to work with a variety of clients and internal stakeholders.
- You’re able to follow proven processes in addition to thinking critically and creatively to achieve client goals.
- You have a willingness and hunger to learn, and are open to new experiences.
- You have a positive attitude and a proven work ethic.
- You’re able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and with a high-degree of independence, as we are a fully-remote company.
- You’re comfortable and willing to operate within a certain degree of ambiguity. We’re looking for people that can figure things out, present solutions and ask for help when needed.
- You’re able to jump into existing client projects and pick-up the current style, flavor and needs of the account without hesitation.
- You’re quick on your feet; a self-starter; and someone who takes direction well and doesn’t need to be instructed on something multiple times.
- You appreciate feedback and are willing to listen, but also able to speak up and share what’s on your mind. Our culture is transparent, open and direct. Passive-aggressiveness will not work in our company!
- You exemplify kindness, integrity and collaboration.
- You’re POINTED in the Right Direction and embody our core values (Principled, Open-Minded, Inquisitive, Nimble, Transparent, Empathetic, Deliberate)
WHY WORK AT PROOFPOINT?
- We work with great clients and provide meaningful work for talented marketing professionals who are looking to grow and take part on the ground-floor of a company that is changing the way agencies work, play, think, do and hire.
- We are building a people-first culture that allows our employees to get one step closer to the ideal work/life balance they desire and aspire to cultivate for themselves.
- We have a completely open-door policy. We are building a culture of inclusion, built on an unprecedented amount of trust and transparency among our team. We’ll be open and honest with you, and we expect you’ll do the same in return with us.
- We do great work, and we hire top-notch individuals whom we believe will offer A+ work for our company, our clients and our team. Everyone is a key contributor. There are no weak-links.
- We offer a company laptop and other office supplies, as needed.
- We offer a fully remote and flexible work environment.
- We offer paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We offer a Health Reimbursement Agreement.
- We offer unlimited vacation days (with a mandatory minimum number of days off, because we all need a break, whether we admit it or not).
- We offer company-sponsored ongoing education and training.
- We offer quarterly company-sponsored wellness and culture workshops.
- We offer a free yearly membership for grocery delivery via Instacart or Shipt for every year of employment (you pay for the groceries!).
- Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.