Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies grow by creating high quality, long-form pieces that their audience loves.
We’re a fully remote organization with team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of marketers, scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
About this role:
We are looking for a full-time researcher who can help our writers create authoritative, compelling content that references high-quality, trustworthy sources.
We encourage everyone who's interested to submit an application, and we'll be in touch if we think there's a potential fit.
- Conduct research for ~10 B2B SaaS content marketing articles per week, following research specs submitted by writers and strategists and providing analysis whenever possible
- Synthesize and report on the data gathered, and suggest ways to incorporate in pieces
- Provide historical information that that writer should consider highlighting
- Dig up insights on competitive content that will help the writer make their article more unique and compelling
- Offer strategic advice to make articles more successful, including outline/structural recommendations
- Maintain existing research resources, culling outdated information and adding new information
- Identify new research resources and add them to company database (shared in 1Password)
- Proactively find research opportunities that drive the creation of new articles, externals, new customer onboarding materials, etc.
- Identify customers who would benefit from data-driven posts and suggest how that data may be gathered and analyzed
- Educate Animalz writers and strategists on new research resources, approaches, and capabilities
- Serve as a subject matter expert for ~3 verticals, staying up-to-date on changing trends and inside conversations, sharing weekly industry activity updates with internal teams to help build and contribute to content marketing strategy and individual articles.
- Contribute to various research resources, including databases and article collections
- Perform additional research duties as assigned
We'd like to hear from you if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience writing, editing, and/or researching B2B content marketing
- Know the basics of SEO optimization, and tools like Ahrefs and Clearscope
- Have familiarity with Google Analytics
- Understand the importance of search intent
- Are organized and independently motivated
- Have strong working knowledge of content marketing best practices
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to work effectively and independently with a remote team
- Are self-motivated and well organized
- Have a willingness to bring new ideas and initiatives to make the Research Team a core division of the company
- Have a reliable internet connection
- Can schedule overlap with EST working hours
About our benefits:
- Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have overlap with EST hours
- Flexible, asynchronous team member and customer communication
- For US-based team members: health insurance (80% company paid) plus dental and vision insurance (99% company paid)
- 20 paid vacation days per year
- 5 paid floating holidays per year
- Unlimited sick time
- Unlimited personal time
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly wellness and lunch stipends
- Learning opportunities like internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
- Customized career growth and goals set and tracked monthly
Our stance on diversity:
Animalz recognizes that the best content in the world can't be created without input from a wide variety of perspectives and experiences. As such, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all candidates and employees.
We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
If you have further questions or need assistance during the application process: