ReUp Education is seeking a thoughtful and creative Content Strategist to develop a suite of written and visual assets that move the needle for the success of our student and university audiences. In this role, you will serve as an internal “microservice” of sorts, working across ReUp teams on both ad hoc and long-term content needs. By managing the development of impactful content for all stages on the path to graduation, you’ll enable us to achieve our ambitious goal of re-enrolling and supporting millions of college students.
The Content Marketing Strategist will contribute to materials spanning a range of digital mediums, and will also be responsible for the project management of concurrent deliverables, including managing external creative partners as needed. You’ll also play a key role in strategy, roadmapping, and identifying gaps where a lack of content may be an opportunity to further build student / partner interest and trust.
This is an opportunity to play a valuable role in a growing early-stage startup as we tackle a huge problem that affects a largely underserved population. If you’re a natural self-starter interested in combining creativity with strategy to transform people’s lives, come join us!
What we do
Founded in 2015, ReUp Education is the only organization that focuses exclusively on helping colleges and universities engage and re-enroll the more than 40% of US students who have “stopped out” and support them until graduation, through our technology-enabled service. To date, we have re-enrolled over 15,000 students, assisted over 3,500 to graduate, and recaptured over $45 million in tuition for our university partners.
- Serve as a resource across ReUp teams (Student Marketing, Sales, Success Coaching, Partner Success) as they seek to develop compelling content for a broad range of channels, mediums, and audiences, including stopped-out students as well as university/college partners
- Generate -- and/or work with others to develop -- content for all stages of the student lifecycle, as well as university-facing materials. Deliverables may include (but are not limited to): landing pages, email/SMS templates, social media, blog posts, newsletters, advertisements, videos, slide decks, one-pagers, press releases, whitepapers, and supporting sales documents
- Project manage the development process for a variety of deliverables concurrently
- Identify necessary external resources and manage outside partners’ workstreams (e.g. graphic designers, videographers, copywriters, creative agencies, etc.)
- Audit our existing content, assess the ‘content journeys’ already established, and contribute to a strategy that injects empathy and personalization at each stage on the path to graduation
- Help develop our content roadmap to continuously address gaps where we can support students in new ways
- Ensure all content materials uphold ReUp’s brand guidelines, with a consistent voice/tone and visual aesthetic, with the ultimate goal of helping ReUp become synonymous with empowering stopout students to achieve their long-term goals through education
- Evaluate the effectiveness of content assets within campaigns to drive continuous improvement
(Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. ReUp encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years experience developing a suite of written/visual content assets for a consumer audience
- A track record of developing personalized content that is responsive to different audience journeys and pain points
- Prior success ‘moving the needle’ for your audiences, with the ability to highlight the positive impact your contributions have had on them
- Experience project-managing multiple deliverables at once, including overseeing external partners
- Prior experience contributing to strategy and a long-term content roadmap
- A passion for education and interest in a fast-paced, fully remote, startup environment
- You have excellent writing abilities and feel comfortable wordsmithing in both long- and short-form across a variety of mediums, including: email/SMS, blogs & newsletters, social posts, infographics, videos, digital ads, and more
- You may have additional design, video, or other creative skills. Proficiency in Photoshop/Illustrator, Sketch, or other tools within any creative stack, is a plus but not required
- You enjoy identifying & addressing content gaps for a variety of consumer audience needs, including providing solutions to pain points and building trust
- You leverage data and research to inform your audiences and strategic recommendations
- You feel comfortable conceptualizing new ideas as well as executing on an established strategy
- You have stellar communication skills and are able to collaborate with colleagues across departments
- You have some experience producing press releases
- You have experience working remotely or within a distributed team environment (a plus but not required)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience and location)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; we pay 100% of the employee's premium and 50% of any dependents' premiums
- Flexible time off and remote work opportunity
- 401(k) plan
- A diverse team that fosters a high level of collaboration despite being highly distributed
- We provide your choice of a Mac or PC laptop
ReUp is a distributed company. Our entire team works remotely.
TEAMWORK * RESULTS * CONSTANT LEARNING * AGENCY * DIVERSITY, INCLUSION & EQUITY * JOY
ReUp employees share a passion for improving outcomes for stopout students. We support students to get Results as they embark on finishing what they started. We believe in the power of human potential and that supporting an individual’s Agency acts as a catalyst for positive change and resilience. We support Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion, for both the students we work with and in our hiring practices. We value Teamwork and strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We tackle hard problems with curiosity and take action towards continuous improvement and Constant Learning. Approaching our work with open hearts, open minds, and seeking collective success creates Joy. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Business Operations & Hiring During Coronavirus:
We are continuing with all business operations (including hiring) during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Fortunately, we already operate as a distributed team, so we are used to conducting virtual job interviews. We are committed to working with all applicants who may need reasonable accommodations throughout the hiring process, including those who may need assistance interviewing virtually. Should you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
ReUp Education is an equal opportunity employer
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.