MOVEON REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (Independent contractors and firms)
MoveOn is the largest independent progressive advocacy group in the United States. MoveOn is where millions mobilize for a better society—one in which everyone can thrive. Whether it’s supporting a candidate, passing legislation, or changing our national culture, MoveOn members are committed to an inclusive and progressive future. We envision a world marked by equality, sustainability, and justice. And we mobilize together to achieve it.
Project title: Networking Engineer - Wordpress VPN proxy setup and DNS training (2 day contract)
Project begins: As soon as possible, latest by mid-April, 2021
Project length: 1-2 days
Project Overview: We are trialing a new VPN software, and would like to restrict access to our Wordpress site so that editing is only allowed behind the VPN. Since our site does not have a fixed IP address, this involves setting up an intermediate proxy server and adding private DNS records to manage the redirect. We are looking for someone who has done this sort of DNS and proxy configuration before, and can walk us through the process.
Familiarity with nginx, AWS Route 53, and AWS EC2 are very helpful but not required.
RFP submission date:
Please submit proposals by March 31 by filling out the form (linked below). Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
with "Wordpress VPN proxy setup and DNS training" in the subject line.
Scope of work:
- Set up a DNS redirect inside the private network.
- Configure a proxy server to securely forward connections between the VPN and the Wordpress site.
- The consultant must be able to walk through the setup process step by step and train the MoveOn tech team on the process.
Reports to: Tech lead for security and risk
The project will also require working with the other members of the MoveOn tech team.
Proposal submissions: Please fill out the following form:
- MoveOn reserves the right to make an award without further discussion of the proposal submitted. Therefore, the proposal should be submitted initially on the most favorable terms that the vendor could propose. There will be no best-and-final-offer procedure. MoveOn does reserve the right to contact a vendor for clarification of its proposal.
- The vendor should be prepared to accept this request for proposal for incorporation into a contract resulting from this request for proposal. Contract negotiations may incorporate some or the vendor’s entire proposal. It is understood that the proposal will become a part of the official procurement file on this matter without obligation to MoveOn.
No obligation to contract
This request for proposal does not obligate MoveOn to contract for services specified herein.
Rejection of proposals
MoveOn reserves the right at its sole discretion to reject any and all proposals received without penalty and not to issue a contract as a result of this request for proposal.
The vendor will adopt and disseminate a policy that the vendor, in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected basis.