Sunray Meditation Society is looking for a Creative to join our marketing team. In this role, you’ll support our growing organization, and work in an enlightening environment to bring sacred teachings to the world.About Sunray Meditation Society
Sunray Meditation Society brings Indigenous Ywahoo wisdom traditions and Tibetan Buddhist Dharma to the general public with educational programs ranging from small workshops to year-long courses of study, to global multicultural, multigenerational events based at the Sunray Peace Village in Lincoln, VT.What’ll Keep You Busy
● Design and create marketing collateral, including but not limited to posters, digital signage, and environmental / outdoor graphics.
● Support our email marketing efforts through design and layout of email campaigns and monthly newsletters, in partnership with the communications team.
● Prepare files for print and work with selected vendors through production / delivery, as assigned.
● Craft copy for use across multi-media channels, including digital, social media, print and video.
● Design and create social media visuals for weekly postings.
● Assist with weekly social media and blog postings.
● Support Sunray’s presence at events, community outreach, and brand activation initiatives.
● Act as our designated photographer at community / in-house events.
● Lead brainstorming initiatives and set creative / art direction for campaigns.
● Attend all required communication meetings.
● Occasional event planning support required.
● Other duties as assigned.Must Haves
● Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom).
● Communications / copywriting experience (headlines, long form articles, social media posting, blog posts, etc.)
● Photography experience (camera equipment and photo editing knowledge).
● Ability to follow visual identity guidelines and communicate in brand voice.
● Ability to work with tight deadlines.
● Comfortable with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to collaborate effectively, with no ego (‘we’ vs “I” mindset).Nice To Haves
● Knowledge of Sunray Meditation Society
● Experience working on Wordpress-based platforms.
● Experience shooting and editing video.The Nitty-Gritty
● Compensation is $20/h.
● One-year contract, (10 hours/ week).
● Flexible hours policy / Remote (no desk; only attend the important meetings).
● You will report to Marketing & Development Officer.
● Students welcomed to apply.Diversity, Equity & Accommodation
Sunray Meditation Society is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from: indigenous persons, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity. Sunray Meditation Society is committed to hiring practices that are inclusive and barrier free. Sunray will provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation during all stages of the hiring process in order to ensure the equal and fair assessment of all job applicants. Applicants are asked to make any accommodation request in advance.What’s Next
Send the following to email@example.com
by May 31, 2021.Please title your email with:
Creative Marketing Coordinator
1. A copy of your CV/Resume (PDF).
2. Your 'Cover Letter'... in a Tweet (280 characters or less in email body).
3. Digital portfolio, and/or: links to any digital channels / files that better showcase who you are as a creative (e.g. personal website; social media accounts you've managed in the past; links to design work you've done, etc.)Please note that although a formal portfolio is not required, proven technical ability in Adobe Creative Suite is essential.