We believe the place where you are born shouldn't determine your opportunities in life. We provide access to global opportunities by offering a world-class education no matter where you come from.
Microverse is an online school for software developers where students learn to work remotely with people from around the world. Students don't pay tuition until they get hired and start a global career.
We are backed by amazing global investors including Y Combinator, General Catalyst, and many world-class angel investors, such as Paul Graham, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), and Kevin Hartz (the founder of Eventbrite). We are a passionate and fast-moving team of global citizens working remotely from 12+ countries.
Being remote-first and transparent, we take pride in the amazing remote culture we are building, while also making time for in-person time with team members around the world (when it is safe to do so). We are a small but mighty team of curious, life-long learners, who love tackling challenges and helping shape the future of education.
Talent is universal, but opportunity is not. We're on a mission to change that. With the recent closing of our Series A, there has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team.
With students in 100+ countries, we're in search of a passionate and experienced Customer Acquisition Marketing Manager. You will focus on helping us attract talented individuals around the world to join our full-time remote learning program.
We're a small team (you will be our second marketing hire) so we expect you to have well-rounded experience across many marketing verticals, with deeper knowledge in customer acquisition and growth marketing. You should be exceptionally good at finding and attracting customers in multiple markets around the world and experienced in growth marketing. This role is for you if you're data-driven, work iteratively, and are eager to manage and diversify acquisition efforts (paid & organic), while experimenting to find scalable, high-growth channels for new students. You will also need to be comfortable building relationships with local and global partners, influencers, and internal and external stakeholders.
This position will report to and work closely with the Head of Marketing, as a key position in the Marketing organization. You will oversee these areas within Microverse - customer acquisition, growth, performance marketing, and referrals, and should have relevant experience. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on and passionate professional who is ready to join a fast-paced high-growth startup.
- Attract talented individuals from around the world to apply to Microverse through multiple channels (including but not limited to paid advertising, referrals, partnerships, and more)
- Maximize our global impact and reach by identifying new channels, partners, and customer acquisition strategies
- Analyze datasets and translate insights into acquisition strategies to continuously grow and scale Microverse's applicant pipeline
- Build and maintain reporting dashboards and tracking tools
- Create and implement A/B tests with data-driven hypotheses
- Manage contractors and agency relationships for the execution of our performance and growth marketing
- Work in a data-driven, iterative way, create objectives and report on key results and metrics
- Collaborate with team leaders across our org to share and gather information and feedback on what resonates with Microverse's audience of global talent
- Promote and embody a culture of high-performance, continuous improvement and learning, and work-life harmony
- 3+ years' experience and a track record of success working with startups in growth and performance marketing, preferably with a B2C organization
- Proven success in designing and implementing a long-term and data-driven growth marketing strategy
- Are analytical and data-driven, and enjoying working iteratively and experimenting
- Experience with ad management tools like Facebook Ads Manager, Google Adwords, etc.
- Experience attracting and converting customers from multiple countries/regions
- Experience working remotely for a fast-growing startup
- Ability to quickly switch between high-level strategy and scrappy, hands-on execution
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- Have been described as resourceful, proactive, and growth-minded
- Have high empathy for working with individuals from different countries and cultures
- Have experience working for a remote-first organization, ideally with a global audience
- Are passionate about data analysis and unlocking insights that drive meaningful value
- Are eager to experiment and learn
- Are based in Europe/Americas/Africa (for max. timezone overlap with the rest of the team)
- Consider yourself to be a global citizen and are passionate about making opportunities more equally distributed around the world
- Are familiar with working with modern tools such as Airtable, Integromat, Customer.io, Instapage, Webflow, etc.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company and make a positive impact on thousands of people around the world
- Leading remote-first working culture
- International company retreats with our global team once every ~9 months
- Learning and development stipend for books, courses, and conferences
- Hardware & office set up stipend
- Unlimited PTO and 12 weeks fully-paid parental leave
- Work alongside our fully distributed team from 12 different countries
- Our team believes in and embodies our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
How to Apply
- Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and include the word "sunshine" to make sure that you read the entire job description.
- Applications without an introduction including the word "sunshine" will not be moved forward in the process.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be able to get back to you if we decide to move forward with your application.
- If you pass the first screening, we will invite you to the second step of our hiring process where we use a tool called Hireflix to ask a few questions. We use this tool to promote asynchronous communication and to achieve a more objective initial screening - both of which are very important in our remote environment.
- Following steps: Interview with the hiring manager, take-home assignment, general cultural interview, then an interview with our CEO.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
At Microverse, we have competitive and transparent salaries adjusted for cost-of-living in different geographies. Your salary will depend on experience as well as the average cost of living in your area using a proprietary salary calculator for remote employees. The salary range for this role is $43,523.31 - $94,807.10 and we used Medellin and New York City for the range benchmarks. Some example salaries for locations are below:
Mexico City: $53,156.36 - $64,788.91
Montreal: $68,912.90 - $83,993.56
Lisbon: $63,114.43 - $73,079.87
Lagos: $60,968.66 - $70,595.29