Looking to do work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps you make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
Cleo builds a relationship with her customers that helps them transform their financial health, and gets them the products they need to save them money and reach their goals. As we scale, we’re bringing new features and products into the ecosystem at whiplash-inducing pace - across spending cards, credit score coaching, “debt crushing” services and beyond. To make this work at our global scale we’re looking for someone to manage customer operations across the Cleo platform.
As our Customer Champion Card Lead, you will play a pivotal part in the rollout of our Credit Builder Card. You will work closely with the operations and compliance team to ensure that we are providing an excellent level of entirely digital service to our users. This will involve forming a close productive relationship with the product team responsible for the credit builder card, a lot of people management and the setting and maintaining of standards.
This role reports into the Head of Customer Champions.
What you will be doing
Product Expert: You will be the expert within CS of our shiny new credit builder card. This will involve agreeing on new processes with our compliance and product teams and helping to create a seamless experience for our users.
People Management: You’ll be line managing our Customer Champions that are based in the US, currently 8 delightful human beings.
Recruitment: You’ll play a part in recruiting our customer champions of the future as well as the team we’ll need to support them.
Setting Standards: You’ll work with the other managers to set our teams standards and then be a key player in keeping everyone on the same page
Optimizing Processes: No team is perfect and you’ll be helping us iron out processes and speed up our time to resolution.
- You have customer service experience at a financial technology company, with a preference for consumer cards.
- Experience with the latest CS tools.
- You are a people management superstar! Ideally you’ve been managing people for at least 2 years.
- You know how to spot a problem, identify a solution and implement process improvements in a CS environment.
- You know how to coach people to better performance and realise that everyone needs something a little bit different.
- You have the ability to take in a lot of granular data and speak to the broader themes of what is happening to our users.
- You have experience and are comfortable working closely with internal teams (across engineering, product and analytics) and external partners.
Nice to haves
- You have worked at a VC-backed startup before, and seen hyper-growth in action & enjoy fast paced and dynamic work environments.
- Experience with SQL (writing or interrogating, both in a perfect world)
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package. We're prepared to pay for the very best.
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firms, like EQT Ventures and Balderton
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.