The Common Market IS HIRING
The Common Market, a mission-driven distributor of local foods to communities in the Mid-Atlantic, Texas and Southeast, seeks a Customer Support Associate (Level II) to drive B2B sales of local food in order to achieve the organization's mission: to strengthen regional farms while making the local bounty accessible to communities and the institutions that serve them.
Hours are Monday-Friday 7 AM-3 PM Eastern Time. This inside sales position can be fully remote and the ideal candidate is located near one of our hubs (Atlanta, Philadelphia, Houston). The Customer Support Associate supports customers across the country in multiple time zones from New York, Philadelphia, DC, Atlanta, Birmingham, Houston, Chicago.
The ideal candidate is able to both administer daily sales activities and brainstorm innovative ideas to improve our customer relationships. Ultimately, you will drive growth to our company by being an essential part of the sales team. If you are a natural collaborator, passionate about local farm food, and understand what excellent customer service is, we would like to meet you.
Essential Job Duties:
- Generate revenue by promoting sales of new and existing products.
- Initiate sales calls to existing customers to assess the need for replenishing inventories. (Communication is primarily via phone or email.)
- Process orders: perform order entry, review for correct pricing, quantities, and shipping data.
- Observe changes in inventory to ensure adequate availability.
- Maintain internal databases with accurate account information.
- Provide ongoing customer support and trouble shooting on existing accounts including: advising customer on changes in availability and order modification, potential delays or routing requests, routine check-in calls to solicit feedback.
- Communicate customer feedback to Warehouse, Marketing, Sales and Procurement teams and work collaboratively to create solutions.
- Coordinate marketing initiatives with existing customers and internal/external Marketing teams.
- Work closely with our Leadership team to identify growth opportunities and ensure continuous customer support.
- Coordinate product sampling program.
- Coordinate meetings for the Leadership team.
To succeed in this role, you must be highly organized and able to perform multiple tasks for different regions and customers at the same time.
The successful candidate:
- 3-5 years work experience.
- excellent internet and phone access.
- located in the US.
- is familiar with local farm food and produce, ideally with experience in an institutional food service or retail setting.
- thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- is a clear, collaborative communicator.
- excels in balancing the needs of multiple departments while supporting our customers.
- is extremely attentive to detail and ensures accuracy in all work assignments.
- is a team-player with a positive attitude and ability to handle difficult situations tactfully.
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, AND SOFTWARE: Computer, Phone, Microsoft Office software, Google, Salesforce experience is a plus.
WORK DEMANDS: Must have the ability to work in an environment where frequent interruptions may occur. Must be able to work comfortably under pressure.