Frame It Easy crafts and ships thousands of custom-sized picture and poster frames every week out of our 25,000+ square foot office and fulfillment center in Derby, Connecticut. Check out our website (www.FrameItEasy.com) and you’ll see that we sell quality frames at any size with optional matting and photo printing, and strive to provide the best customer experience possible. We’re family-owned and have been framing online for over 16 years - though we’re just getting started!
We’re looking for a new team member to support our customers via email and phone. We are dedicated to providing our customers a great quality product and genuinely care about helping each customer to the best of our ability. This customer support job is not a corporate call-center position! We’re people, and we treat our customers as people too. Our goal is to make framing simple and really affordable for our customers and their friends and family.
Here’s what we can offer you:
- Full time (40 hours/week), Monday through Friday, 11:30am to 8:00pm Eastern time, fully remote
- Competitive pay ($15/hour to start with a review after 90 days)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance after 90 days (50% paid by the company)
- Growth/career opportunities (we think big and fulfill huge orders, but we’re still a small company where your thoughts matter and your role can grow as you do)
- A pleasant workplace (everyone in the building is really nice, though the employee writing this job posting is biased ;)
- The best equipment to work on (we’re a Mac-friendly office and if you need something to do your job well or be happy in your work, we’ll purchase it)
Here’s how we imagine you:
- You’re a warm, friendly person. You are naturally empathetic, care about people, and enjoy helping others. This should come across whether you’re writing to our customers, speaking with our customers on the phone, or working with another team member in the virtual office. If you can show this to us in your communication, that’s worth much more to us than relevant work experience.
- You have the ability to explain moderately complex topics (that you’re familiar with) in simple terms to people of varying levels of familiarity with the topic.
- You’re technically savvy. In the remote office, having a reliably setup and being able to quickly troubleshoot any issues to ensure connectivity is critically important.
- You’re a good problem solver. Given the right tools, you’re comfortable taking the reins with finding a solution!
- You have exceptional written communication. Punctuation matters, grammar matters, and the message you send to our customers is all they have to relate to us sometimes - you should be accurate and warm with every interaction.
- You have great phone etiquette.
- You are a cooperative team player. We’re all on the same team so you’ll need to work productively with dozens of different team members. Every person on our team has a pivotal role to play in our final product and customer experience.
- You pay close attention to details, and understand that they are important. Whether you are responding to customer questions about custom framing or printing their artwork, missing details or cutting corners creates a negative experience for our customer.
- Bonus: You’re self-directed. If we hire you for this position and you hit the ground running, you can transition to any other role in the company (related to this one or otherwise), or even create an entirely new role for yourself that we hadn’t thought of, as long as we can make a business case for It. If your work is productive for the company and helps us all grow, being self-directed opens up a world of opportunities.
Please take a peek at our website
and provide a short cover letter explaining why you’d be a great fit, your resume, and optionally samples of any work that you think might be relevant (not necessarily related to customer support, but to your ability to perform this role really well).