We are looking for a Delivery Manager & Scrum Master to join our team.
What we're looking for...
ColorElephant — a digital studio with 30+ people spread across the globe — is looking to hire a Delivery Manager / Scrum Master with technical background. We'd ideally be looking for someone that has taken a similar role in the past.
You'll be responsible to work across our multiple client projects and coordinate internal teams of developers and designers to deliver client projects following Agile principles.
The ideal candidate has technical knowledge (although he/she doesn't need to code) and is comfortable working on a variety of projects at the same time.
You are also a go-getter, pride yourself in working for an organization that puts clients first, and is solution-oriented. You'll have great people skills and a lot of experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders (developers, designers etc) with superb control of time and budget.
Proficiency (spoken and written) in English is mandatory for this position.
Differences to the role of Account/Project Manager
Internally the work is split between Product Owners and Delivery Managers.
In a nutshell, Delivery Managers have cross-project, internal responsibilities, while Account/Project Managers have external / project specific responsibilties.
The two do work, however, in close collaboration with each other and are both ultimately responsible for delivering our client's project.
You can think of your Account/Project Manager counter-part as the representative of the client — but doing work. They'll handle client communication and expectation setting, will gather requirements and push internally any of the client's communication or information. Together, you'll build the scope, the project plan (with milestones resulting from your input) and then execute it.
You need to ensure developers are working, have properly prepared tasks and sprints and are communicating effectively. While so the account/project manager will own the project plan, ensure everyone is building project documentation.
These roles aren't set in stone and we look forward for feedback, input on how to make collaboration more effective.
- Internally manage the execution of 1-3 projects simultaneously.
- Communicate often and properly with internal team members on responsibilities, tasks, expectations.
- Prepare (based on an initial scope and associated project plan and milestones) sprints and tasks within sprints, ensuring they do have the right level of detail for developers;
- Work together with the Account Manager and (optionally) Business Analyst on building a detailed breakdown of the work to be done and the scoping in projects that require so.
- Make sure developers are unlocked and any roadblock is properly communicated and/or resolved.
- Control the execution of projects, namely at the level of estimations being (on average) met.
- Run daily standups and weekly sprint planning sessions with team members;
- Enforce the internal processes.
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop and implement digital projects — this includes talking to, getting updates from and clarifying questions from our developers, designers and QA specialists;
- Continuously assessing working methods and processes and making recommendations for improvement;
- Identify idle resources;
- Report internally on KPIs that are clearly defined related to the execution of the project.
- Work in close collaboration with the Account Manager;
- At least 3 years experience in a Product Management, Project Management, Delivery Management or Scrum Master role;
- Experience in an agency or software house is preferred but not mandatory;
- Experience with software development specially if mobile or web, is mandatory;
- Some level of technical understanding (coming from exposure to technical projects for a long-while or background in engineering);
- Fluent in english (spoken and written);
- Ability to come up with your suggestions and improvements to current processes...
- ... but also the ability to stick with processes long enough to see if they're working;
- Entrepreneurial, self-started, get things done mentality;
- A great sense of responsibility and pride in delivering projects;
- Ability to work with others and accept their contributes, strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to work from or travel to Portugal and other parts of Europe is not a requirement, but strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with Content Management systems and HTML/CSS
- Hands on experience with project management software, like Trello, Asana or ClickUp. Brownie points for Clickup experience (as we use it);
- Ability to handle and think quickly under pressure, as well as motivate and engage the team to produce the best possible results.
- Experience running with Agile methodology (preparing, running, controlling sprints);
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Communication and team management skills
- All of these things people ask for: motivated, focused, hard-worker that likes to grow and learn more, that works well with others and has a positive attitude;
- The challenge that enables you to grow, while having the opportunity to shape the future of a growing organisation;
- Insane levels of ownership, independence and responsibility;
- Work from anywhere with our remote policy. We know sometimes the best work is done in the beach (or mountain, or... ) :-)
- Competitive Salary for position and location;
- Bonuses for performance indicators we'd mutually agree;
- Health Plan and/or Deductions
- Flexible vacation/days off policy
- Training / Self-Development Yearly Package
- Yearly Bonuses Program
- Paid parental leave / Flexible conditions on return
- Continuous Training (both on site and online)
- Attend Annual Company retreat abroad
- Ability to work in complex projects of Fortune500 as well as small companies.
- Plenty of Growth Opportunities
- The opportunity to join an unique and growing company with a 200% growth record for the past 3 years;
- Contribute with your suggestions and see your feedback and opinion impact products used by millions worldwide
- A growing team full of talent