SketchDeck is a next-generation graphic design agency. We believe in the power of technology to help make design and branding projects happen more collaboratively, more efficiently, and more globally. We work with hundreds of companies, from the Fortune 500 to innovative startups across dozens of industries to empower their marketing and sales collateral with graphic design. We are experts at developing branding, ensuring brand compliance, and making good design reach large scale organizations. We've built a team of ambitious, curious and creative people who work hard and support each other in the process.
Responsibilities of the Biz Dev role:
- Understand how large marketing organizations function, handle procurement paperwork, contract negotiation, and onboarding of larger businesses onto long term partnerships.
- Evaluate in detail where clients are in their branding lifecycle
- Guide clients to determine what their organization can achieve with better graphic design support, evaluate their needs and objectives.
- Field incoming leads and inquiries, and use outbound email and social selling to find prospective clients
- Research prospects and personalize outreach to make a human connection
- Hit targets for inbound leads converted, and outbound prospects sourced
- Sometimes travel to conferences or events to source leads in-person
- 3+ years experience working in or selling to corporate marketing teams
- Experience in a graphic design or branding agency preferred
- Experience selling to or working with brand teams in a corporate marketing environment is required
- At least 1 year in a B2B sales role handling procurement and contract negotiation
- Ambition to help build an innovative design company, and advance towards larger client relationships and quotas
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment where roles and organization can evolve over time
- Discipline to work remotely
- Excited to help companies improve their branding and design
- Experience in a startup environment or entrepreneurial role is a big plus
- Experience with customer relationship management and customer success is a big plus
- Competitive startup salary with a straightforward and uncapped commission structure
- Generous Benefits Package (Healthcare coverage, vision, dental, 401k)
- Computer hardware of your choice (up to $2k)
- An innovative and dynamic remote culture where you will have the chance to influence the direction and culture of the company as it grows