Catch Co. is looking for an experienced and hungry Director of Performance Marketing to accelerate our momentum across various business lines (including ecommerce, Club, and subscription offerings). This person will drive company growth through a rigorous and data-driven approach to paid marketing and will also own SEO and a range of marketing optimization activities. Based on our company’s stage of growth, this role is a unique mix of hands-on execution and strategic leadership in collaboration with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Own end-to-end strategy and hands-on, in-platform execution across paid social, search, CTV / video, affiliate, display, podcast, and acquisition-focused linear TV advertising.
- Maximize customers acquired while optimizing spend across channels and continuously running robust tests to control customer acquisition costs.
- Work with internal Creative and Brand/Product teams along with external agency resources to develop relevant marketing assets.
- Partner with business GMs and finance to refine budgets, track results, and optimize activities (including conversion maximization).
- Work with Creative team to generate and optimize landing pages.
- Monitor new industry trends and run scrappy pilots to test new channels and platforms.
- Act as the internal performance marketing SME and unite various cross-functional peers behind our strategy and roadmap.
- Evaluate go-forward resourcing models spanning dedicated internal headcount and agency partners.
- Collaborate with our internal Insights, Data, and Tech teams to build out a best-in-class analytics infrastructure and tech stack to support this mandate.
- Own in-house SEO which until recently has been handled by an external agency.
What experience you need:
- 7+ years of performance marketing experience (including direct hands-on, in-platform execution experience), ideally in a retail and/or direct-to-consumer environment.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Deep experience with in-platform tools (e.g., Google, FB), vendor offerings, and a range of relevant data analytics and modeling domains (including attribution and budget allocation).
- 2+ years of SEO experience.
What will make you successful:
- Comfort shifting between hands-on execution and strategic leadership.
- Strong analytical capabilities and deep domain expertise.
- Passion for learning and a devotion to data and testing.
- Flexibility in adapting to changing priorities and execution-related situations.
- Ability to effectively partner with a variety of cross-functional peers.
Curiosity: Always seeking to understand “why”. Always looking to make things better.
Passion: You are driven by a love for what you do.
Optimism: The ability to bounce back quickly when something doesn’t work.
Action: Knowing when to shift from planning to doing.
Honesty: Transparency with customers, partners and teammates.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
#happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office)
- And more!