is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We know that we're better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
We're a small distributed team that knows firsthand the sales tax challenges we’re working to resolve. We're lean, but experienced. We've started our own businesses, sold successful companies (a few in the tax and accounting space), been part of IPOs, worked at Fortune 500s and even resold hundreds of designer shoes on eBay from a garage. We get it. Sales tax isn't fun and that's why we made TaxJar.
As we continually scale and transform our business, we are looking for a leader who can set a strategic vision for learning and enablement to identify, prioritize, curate, build, and maintain the delivery and measurement of training programs. We seek someone who will guide our team to ensure team members are prepared to meet the ongoing needs of customers, design and deliver self service training material that engages customers and partners, and continue to evolve TaxJar learning to align with our strategy. You will manage a team of content developers and trainers, working in a fast-paced environment to realize our vision of a defined product training curriculum. You’ll make sure we’re leveraging current tools and industry findings to help individual contributors be more productive while providing actionable insights to our front line managers. Your mission: Make TaxJar customer facing employees, partners and customers extremely knowledgeable about our product and ensure usability and practical application of all training materials.
- This role combines traditional training and enablement, with responsibilities for leadership, organizational development, and program development
- Set forth a strategy and vision of the training program which enables TaxJar to scale effectively
- Stay apace of the ever-changing technology landscape while identifying potential vendors/partners whose capabilities may fill gaps in our onboarding/training offering or streamline current processes
- Lead a team that is designing and delivering ongoing training for the customer experience team, as well as customers and partners
- Ensure the learning experience is engaging, while growing both breadth and depth of product knowledge
- Manage execution of the Customer Experience team on-boarding process; this will involve partnering with various cross-functional leaders and managers
- Utilize Basecamp and Monday.com (or other project management tools), Thought Industries (LMS), Salesforce Service Cloud and other tools to increase team member effectiveness and contributions through data driven analysis
- Partner with business stakeholders, such as Marketing and Revenue to review outcomes and align on prioritizing projects month over month
- Increase internal utilization and awareness of existing platforms and tools
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a training and leadership role, preferably in a customer facing role in a SaaS company.
- Technical expertise launching web based solutions across multiple lines of business
- Comfortable leading presentations and proven ability to coach others
- High energy, enthusiastic, and growth-mindset communication style
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to travel occasionally as required
- Experience delivering engaging and effective training materials with monitored performance metrics
- Experience with Basecamp and Monday.com or similar project management tools a plus
- Experience as an administrator of a Learning Management System (LMS)
TaxJar is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit-
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- Company retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our full-time employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs
for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.