Janalta is looking for a contract Ecommerce Marketing Manager to oversee e-commerce operations and leads growth efforts.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. We’ll let you in on a secret - there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. As long as you are continuing to push your growth and development, then consider applying even if you don’t check all the boxes on our posting.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and manage e-commerce marketing strategies, currently for the Kinkly Shop and Divestopedia Masterclass
- Work with the development team and other stakeholders to continuously improve the user/shopping experience.
- Evaluate effectiveness of every marketing channel and activity on revenue.
- Report on key performance indicators by channel on a (bi-)weekly basis.
- Oversee ecommerce operations including coordinating with team specialists that contribute to performance goals. Act as the liaison between employees and management
- Work directly with the General Manager and co-founders to execute necessary marketing strategies, with a particular focus on and success measured by user acquisition
- Plan, manage, improve, and report on the company’s marketing programs, including content, SEO, social media, referral, email, and other channels.
- Develop demand generation campaigns end-to-end from defining objectives to execution, tracking, and reporting
- Optimize the user acquisition funnel by experimenting, modifying campaigns, and analyzing results with deep attention to detail
- Continuously analyze and optimize marketing campaigns, including running experiments and multivariate testing
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience B2C or B2B ecommerce
- 2+ years of experience with digital and growth marketing, such as content production, SEO, SEM, social media, marketing analytics & automation, etc.
- You have experience with Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magento, or other E-commerce platforms
- You have an understanding of the advertising funnels awareness -> interest -> consideration -> purchase
- You have experience with building and targeting audience segments
- You have experience with analytics platforms like Google Analytics and are familiar with best practices for setting up UTM parameters
- You have a strong analytical, mathematical mindset and experience with mobile/web analytics
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- You have a creative, strategic mindset and aren’t afraid to fail
- You have worked with marketing automation platforms
- Comfort working with Kinkly and associated subject matter
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter and understand how to effectively implement strategies and keep measures.
- You prioritize speed over perfect and fearlessly test ideas.
- You can be based anywhere in the world but are flexible to work hours which overlap with our team’s (typically 9am-5pm MST).
Who we are looking for:
Our core values speak volumes about who we are and how we work:
- Humble – Listen to the data
- Happy – Tap-dance to work
- Gritty – Be persistent, not complacent
- Agile – Make small bets, then iterate
So, you might be thinking - what does the team culture look like at Janalta?
Diverse, inclusive team - our team is almost evenly split 50/50 female/males and employs people from all different backgrounds and ethnicities. The benefit here is everyone has a different view on problems and is able to bring many different ideas to the table.
Shared values - our team is as aligned on values as we are diverse. At our core, that includes gritty, happy, humble, agile.
Flexibility - we like to think we’re tough on goals, thoughtful on process & strategy, and flexible on working around our team member’s needs (e.g. communicating asynchronously, shifting work hours, etc).
Team not a family - though we are a chummy, friendly bunch, we understand that we are a team, not a family. That sometimes leads to hard decisions and clear accountability but that is how we will be better and perform at our best, as a group and individuals.
Ownership - we collaborate closely on goals and have also ensured we have refined processes and support systems in place. Otherwise, each person genuinely “owns” their work and goals and should expect to work autonomously without someone breathing down their neck :)
Room for growth - there are opportunities beyond your role to grow within our team at Janalta.
So, however you identify and whatever background and experiences you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you “tap dance to work” every day. We would love to add your biological uniqueness to our own! :-)
You will be required to undergo the following checks during the hiring process:
*This role will remain open until a qualified candidate is found*