The Ecommerce Operations Manager will be responsible for driving successful fulfillment for all customer orders for Karl’s Bait & Tackle, our innovative ecommerce platform. This position will have responsibility to manage the end-to-end fulfillment of our ecommerce operations, guide our 3rd party logistics providers (3PLs), optimize our shipping and logistics strategy, and ensure that our customers have a stellar shopping experience.
What you will do:
- Overall management of ecommerce order fulfillment.
- Work directly with our 3PLs to ensure on time and accurate fulfillment of orders.
- Manage inventory to ensure accurate order processing.
- Partner with the Ecommerce team to operationalize any new initiatives and to accurately forecast peak periods and growth in orders.
- Inbound ecom inventory management:
- Manage and track all inbound ecommerce shipments to ensure on timely and accurate receipt of merchandise.
- Lead the relationship with 3PLs, and act as a liaison between the ecommerce team and the warehouses/logistics partners.
- Monitor operations, quickly identify operational issues, and recommend solutions.
- Implement, measure, and track 3PL KPIs.
- Coordinate with customer service and other cross-functional teams to mitigate issues and improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Manage accurate tracking of fulfillment and shipping costs.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of internal and external ecommerce systems and SOPs.
- Continually seek to improve the ecommerce operations and recommend new initiatives.
- Provide key support into ecommerce optimization.
- Support other responsibilities of the operations team where needed.
What experience you need:
- Bachelor’s degree required (analytical field preferred)
- Strong analytical capabilities and Excel skills (able to use pivot tables, index-match, and other tools effectively)
- 5 years of experience managing ecommerce operations
- Experience planning and organizing in an efficient, productive manner
- Experience working with 3PLs, high-growth companies preferred, but not required
What will make you successful:
- High attention to detail and the capacity to not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Excellent communication skills
- Foresight to anticipate issues, identify risks, and create solutions around them
- Ability to prioritize various projects and tasks efficiently in order to make decisions quickly and independently
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
#happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office)
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.