At Assetnote, we are building the world's best Attack Surface Management platform. Used by companies all around the world, from innovative startups to Fortune 100 companies, the platform you will be building is helping protect hundreds of thousands of assets from compromise.
By joining our growing engineering team at Assetnote as a Back End & API Engineer, you will be responsible for extending the capabilities of our Continuous Security Platform through developing our Python/Flask back end.
In this role, you will be required to build and maintain our APIs and back-end components, improve scalability, performance, and reliability, and also maintain our APIs and dependencies. This role requires that you are confident with GraphQL, PostgreSQL, using SQLAlchemy as an ORM, and be capable of engineering scalable database models.
The solutions we develop on the API side are dependent on our Security and Discovery Engines. Day to day you will be interfacing directly with our Engine development team, front-end engineers, and security researchers.
Assetnote is a remote-first company. This position is remote with a preference for candidates located in Australia, however, we will consider strong applicants located outside of Australia.
Your day to day responsibilities at Assetnote will include:
- Writing high-quality Python code
- Iterating on our GraphQL schema
- Architecting scalable solutions for querying our Postgres database
- Optimising our Postgres database for improved API performance
- Taking initiative for feature development and managing the API dependencies for new platform features
- Working as a part of a high-performing team on challenging problems
- Contributing to the design of our platform by working with product teams and other stakeholders
We prefer that candidates have direct experience with the following however we will consider equivalent experience.
- Python and Flask
- Experience building and maintaining scalable and performant database models.
- Secure development practices
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Networking concepts (DNS, TCP)
- Understanding of AWS services such as RDS and Elasticache
- Understanding of common application, cloud or infrastructure security vulnerabilities and bug hunting experience.
- Competitive salary
- Regular company off-sites and events
- Opportunities to attend relevant conferences
- Flexible working arrangements and leave
- Generous allowance for Internet and building your workstation
This role is for the following locations:
- North America
- Australia & Asia Pacific