Job Description - Engineering Manager
We’re here to introduce the world to Bitcoin. Fold makes it easy to earn bitcoin, instead of airline miles and hotel points, on everyday purchases via our mobile app and the Fold Visa Debit Card. We’re growing like crazy with a loyal (and loud!) community which has generated a lot of buzz (Fortune, Bloomberg).
The Software Engineering Manager at Fold reports to the Head of Engineering and will play a key role in leading the team’s technical direction and integration with enterprise solutions. The Software Engineering Manager will form effective partnerships across Fold’s individual business units.
The Manager collaborates with various levels of stakeholders (Sr. Leadership, each department’s management, project teams, and enterprise architects) on architecture, requirements, and implementation of technical solutions; Possess a combination of systems and technology experience along with strong thought leadership make the right and balanced technical decisions that deliver key enabling features to support the business.
The Software Engineering Manager will evangelize use of modern software development practices, with emphasis on automation and reliability engineering. Build and lead high performing software engineering teams to deliver and support multiple applications and services at speed and scale; Drive innovation in both technology and process; Inspires the teams to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment.
How You’ll Drive the Development of the Fold Card:
- Architect and build scalable software solutions.
- Participate and coach in a stand up and be able to interact with business partners and cross functional IT leadership
- Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools.
- Work with other technical teams to ensure technical strategies, architecture guidelines and standard are realized by efficient collaboration with architecture, development, DevOps and other teams.
- Plan and lead technology evaluation for various critical areas working closely with cross functional teams.
- Manage geographically distributed engineering scrum-teams using agile development and DevOps best practices.
- Technical definition and implementation for analytics, error logging/tracking, and other key functional customer interactions
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives. Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way.
- Production issue triage, management, and prevention as needed
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization.
Why We’ll Love You:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 8+ years of direct experience
- Must also have broad and deep technical understanding of the technologies in this field, including but not limited to:
- Front End technologies like ReactJS / Angular
- Strong data management principles, around data architecture, modeling/design, data quality, security, data organization and operations.
- Preferred – Experience implementing
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We’re a highly collaborative, fully remote team
- Generous benefits, including health, vision and dental insurance
- Unlimited time off policy - we trust you to manage your own time
- Paid parental leave
- Company retreats and onsite meetings (at least, after COVID)