At ShopPad Inc.
we build forward-thinking software that helps e-commerce stores grow their business. From nationally recognized brands to rapidly growing e-commerce startups, and all kinds of cool companies in between, our products are trusted by over 90,000 stores across the globe and seen by millions of online shoppers every day. We're a team of friendly hackers, designers, and high-empathy support folks who are passionate about the work we do. Our culture prioritizes respect, craftsmanship, diversity, creativity and emphasizes serving our customers with excellence.
Our newest product, Mesa
, is a fast-growing app for Shopify stores that allows merchants to build countless automations and add bespoke functionality. Mesa is our biggest and boldest undertaking yet, and that’s where you come in.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our growing team. As our first Account Manager for Mesa, you will report directly to the CEO. You’ll be able to craft the structure, processes, and tooling that will become our account management blueprint. Success in this role means you’ve made a mark on the business and accelerated the trajectory of your career.
You will be responsible for working with promising customers and leads to create solutions for technical and non-technical situations of varying complexity. You will build ongoing relationships with our best customers and suggest new ways to help them grow their business with our software. At its core, the Account Manager role is that of a partner and problem-solver focused solely on producing higher activation rates, increased customer satisfaction, and lasting customer retention.
The right candidate will be tech-savvy, a quick study, and excited to learn new technical concepts in order to explain and implement them for customers. Our perfect team member is self-directed, a talented communicator, creative, and relentless in their desire to help our customers be successful.
You’ll Get To
- Own a list of customer leads generated through website signups and reach out to promising merchants with a kind, persistent willingness to help them reach their goals with Mesa
- Schedule and deliver onboarding/introductory calls (voice and/or video) with new customers to demonstrate platform features, answer questions, and begin building a strong relationship
- Create a consultative relationship with customers to understand their business operations and be able to make proactive recommendations for how Mesa and other ShopPad products may solve their needs
- Hold quarterly calls (voice and/or video) with important customers to discuss their experience, needs, concerns, and feedback
- Find creative ways to "wow!" customers on a regular basis
- Achieve measurable results by hitting customer activation and retention targets
- Investigate the circumstances when an assigned customer churns to obtain intelligence behind the cancellation to provide feedback to the team
- A strong communicator (both written and verbal) who's able to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable making cold calls and pursuing leads in order to help busy individuals get over the activation hump
- A friendly and enthusiastic self-starter who thrives in a results-driven environment
- Able to manage multiple relationships and well-organized to handle several responsibilities at a time
- Technically savvy and a quick learner. Be sure to let us know if you have a background with Shopify, workflow automation, or e-commerce
- Experienced in account management, sales, or customer support
- Good with people and professional. As this role’s responsibilities include video conferencing with customers, a professional and presentable workspace is imperative
Benefits & Perks
Competitive Salary: Your compensation is the same no matter where you live
Wellness: Medical (Anthem, employees in California also have Kaiser HMO as an option), Dental (Guardian) & Vision (CoPower) + 72 hours of paid sick time each year
Paid Time Off: Three weeks of vacation (increasing to four after your 4-year anniversary) + fourteen company holidays + your birthday
401k: We match 100% of your contribution up to 2% of salary
Remote Work: Work from home, or our Oakland, CA headquarters, or on a hut on the beach somewhere
Sabbatical: Once you’ve been at ShopPad for 5 years you get a fully paid month off in addition to regular vacation
Home Office: $1,000 to make your home office awesome & $65 a month for your home internet
Parental Leave: 4 weeks of paid leave for all new parents (including adoption)
Fun: Every month we host company-wide events like trivia, cooking classes, game nights, virtual escape rooms, wine tastings, movies, and more
Giving Back: Your charitable donations will be matched up to $500 each year because we want to support the organizations that are important to you
Equipment: We’ll provide ShopPad swag, a new MacBook Pro, and all of the basics to get you started
Team Trips: Week-long, all-expenses-paid retreats to work and play in person