Bitovi helps companies create better web applications.
We have a track record of designing and building high-profile and amazing web applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with tests, full docs and a deployment process in place. We ensure our clients are set up for success and partner with them to solve any problems that come up along the way.
Our team consists of about 50 developers and designers located around the US and Canada. This is a remote, full-time position. Due to historical travel requirements, we are seeking candidates in the US or Canada who are willing and able to travel in the future once business travel resumes post COVID. Travel averages approximately 3-5 days every quarter.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for highly qualified individuals with the following (in order of priority):
- 4+ years professional experience developing single page applications
- Professional experience in React (2+ years)
- Experience with state management patterns, functional components with hooks, and functional testing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills who are comfortable interacting with clients (this is a client facing role!)
- A good understanding of Computer Science (CS degree, or equivalent knowledge is required)
We welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into the developer profession, and advocate strongly for hiring the right person as opposed to the right combination of tech keywords.
You’ll work with clients to create applications, discussing and designing architectures, reviewing code, and researching new front-end technologies.
A LITTLE BIT MORE:
We welcome individuals who enjoy identifying the hard parts of application development and simplifying them, talking about software architecture, and teaching others. We also want someone who can lead others and be an integral part of a team.
Specifically, the following attributes are major positives:
- Has an eagerness to learn and execute in the “the right way”
- Is open minded about development best practices
- Has some experience with back-end systems and databases
- Some experience contributing to or using open source projects
At Bitovi, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a team of talented individuals who will support and challenge you. You’ll grow through various experiences on client projects as well as internal initiatives and strategic projects.
Bitovians get a slate of great benefits. Bitovi offers:
- Competitive salary and yearly bonuses
- Bi-annual company retreats to places like Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island, Florida
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Health and dental insurance
- LTD and Life Insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
- Working from home with flexible hours
HOW TO APPLY:
Share a resume and a thoughtful, personalized introduction (don't skip this!) that shows us that you’re the kind of person we’ve described above. Your thoughtful introduction should cover why you are interested in this role, something you recently worked on and are proud of, and a fun fact about yourself.
*Please note that we are not interested in working with Recruiters or Hiring firms at this time. All offers are contingent on passing a successful background check.