Nessa Labs is an eCommerce product studio. We work with high-growth commerce startups and DTC brands as an augmented technology partner, building custom solutions to help them scale. Additionally, we incubate products internally and bring them to market within the Shopify ecosystem.
- This is a contract position; hours are flexible. This will lead to an FT position.
- Architect and implement front-end technical solutions based on the requirements of the project.
- Conduct technical requirements gathering, technical analysis, and development of tech specs.
- Conduct research and assist in new scoping efforts.
- Planning features utilizing sprints and juggle simultaneous feature development.
- 3+ years of professional React experience developing single-page applications.
- Shopify experience is a plus, familiarity with its APIs, SDKs, and plugins. You have worked with multiple stores and merchants.
- Experience with NextJS
- Experience with Redux
- Experience with React Testing tools (ex: Jest)
- Expert knowledge developing cross-platform/browser (iOS, Android, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for web applications.
- Experience with Storybook JS, Typescript
- Experience with Shopify Liquid templating, Shopify Polaris UI Kit
- Some experience with Auth0 authentication
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (WCAG)
- Experience working with source/version control platforms (Git)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Proven ability to manage large-scale technology projects successfully.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills (both in-person and in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
How To Apply:
Share your resume, along with a link to your Git profile and a thoughtful, personalized introduction (don't skip this!) that shows us that you’re the kind of person we’ve described above. Your thoughtful introduction should cover why you are interested in this role, something you recently worked on and are proud of, and a fun fact about yourself.
Email all info with the subject line: Front End Developer: [ Your Full Name] to firstname.lastname@example.org
You'll be expected to complete a technical test for the interview process.
*Please note that we are not interested in working with Recruiters or Hiring firms at this time. All offers are contingent on passing a successful background check.